A Year Full Of Surprises - Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen…

I felt someone’s arms slipping underneath me and pulling me up to their chest. As an automatic response, I snuggled into it. I heard chuckling, but still being half asleep, I ignored it. The person was walking now and soon, I was being put back down again, onto something much softer and comfier than the couch had been. 

I opened my eyes and saw Mr. Armstrong looking down at me, a small smile on his face. I realised he had put me in his bed, but didn’t move from my position lying down. It was just so comfy! He seemed to realise I was awake then and sat down on the side of his bed. “Sorry, you were asleep and I didn’t want to wake you.” He informed. 

“It’s okay.” I replied. He got up and opened his wardrobe, pulling out a t-shirt that looked even too big for him.

He handed it to me. “I wasn’t going to change you out of your clothes, but seeing as though your awake, I’m guessing you don’t want to sleep in your jeans.” 

I took it from him, but was feeling guilty about taking his bed. “You can drop me off at home if you want, I don’t want to intrude more than I have already.” I offered. 

He shook his head. “No, it’s fine. I don’t think I want to take you back to that arsehole anyway.” He muttered the last part and I knew he was talking about Harry. I chuckled. “Your half asleep anyway.” He added. 

That was true. I could barely keep my eyes open. “Okay.” I agreed, getting up and more-or-less staggering to the bathroom, in my half asleep state, to change into his extra big t-shirt. Normally I would take my bra off, but I decided it would be a good idea to keep it on today. 

When I walked back into the room, Mr. Armstrong had set up blankets on the sofa and was now rifling through his wardrobe for his pyjamas. I was guessing he didn’t use them that often and probably slept in just his boxers normally. 

I went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water, while Mr. Armstrong changed. When he came back out, he was only wearing pyjama bottoms. I tried my best not to stare at his toned chest, but it was harder than it sounded, especially when he stretched and his muscles flexed. 

He noticed my stare and smirked at me. I quickly averted my eyes as my cheeks heated up. He got onto the sofa and pulled the blankets up around himself. The guilt kicked in. I had already got him into so much trouble at school, and now I was kicking him out of his own bed. It wasn’t a warm night either. “I’ll sleep on the sofa.” I offered. 

He shook his head. “It’s fine. Just go to sleep Jess.” 

“But I’m smaller than you.” I reasoned. “And it’s your house. I don’t want you to have to sleep on your sofa.” I argued. 

“Jess. I don’t mind. I just want you to go to sleep.” He finalised. 

I sighed, but nodded. “Thanks.” I said, smiling slightly, before going into his room and getting into his bed. 

I curled up under the covers, even I was cold and I had a proper duvet. Mr. Armstrong must be freezing. I tried not to think about it, but I couldn’t help but feel guilty.