A Year Full Of Surprises - Chapter Thirty-Two.

Chapter Thirty-Two…

I sat on the footpath in shock for almost fifteen minutes before I gathered enough common sense to ring someone. I found the contact and dialled the number I practically knew off by heart by now.

“Jess?” Mr. Armstrong answered.

“Hey.” I said dejectedly.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

I sighed. “Can you come and pick me up, it’s kind of a long story.”

“Sure are you at home?”

“Well, kind of, I’m just down the road a bit.” I informed him.

“I’ll be there as soon as I can be.”

We hung up after that and I put my phone back in my pocket. I knew it would take Jord a little while to get here and I was freezing already. It might have been a good idea to have grabbed a coat earlier, but I was so angry that a lot of things had slipped my mind. I hadn’t brought any pyjamas either.

I was shivering violently by the time Jord’s car pulled up beside me, hugging me knees to my chest to try and keep any warmth I had left in. He immediately jumped out of the car and hurried over to me.

He draped his jacket over my shoulders and pulled me up. “Get in the car Jess, it’s warm in there.” He ordered gently, guiding me over to the door.

I sat down rigidly, to frozen to really move. He shut the door behind me and went around to his own side of the car. I manoeuvred my hands so that they were hovering in front of the hot air blowers. “Thanks for picking me up.” I said in between the chattering of my teeth.

“It’s no problem, why did you need picking up in the first place?” He inquired.

“My parents kicked me out.” I stated bluntly.

“Whoa. What did you do?”

“I told them I wasn’t going to press charges again and they got really mad. They said that whilst I was under their roof, I would do anything that they told me too. So, when I refused, they told me to get out.” I explained, my voice shaking slightly.

I had never had any particularly big arguments with my parents until this whole police thing had happened and now I was being thrown out of my own home.

“I’m so sorry Jess.” Jord said sincerely. “You should never have accused him of attempting to rape you in the first place, then none of this would have happened.”

“I don’t regret that.” I managed to get out in the middle of a yawn.

“I need to get you home. You’re tired and freezing.” He told me, pulling away from the side of the road and driving in the direction of his apartment.

I leaned back in the seat and let the heat wrap around me, making me even sleepier than I was before. Somewhere throughout the journey, I managed to fall asleep.

--------------------------

My body being jostled disturbed my peaceful sleep, and out of instinct in my half-asleep state I snuggled further into Jord’s chest, not caring how inappropriate it was.

I felt him trying to open the door whilst still holding on to me and heard the sound of the door clicking and the opening. The jostling began again and I groaned slightly, wanting to be still again.

Mr. Armstrong chuckled and I felt his chest vibrate beneath me. Then I heard some more laughing that I recognised as Matt’s. I still refused to brave the light and open my eyes though.