A Year Full Of Surprises - Chapter Thirty-Five.

Chapter Thirty-Five...

"Hello Jordan, I've come to ask you some questions." He began as I sat paralysed with fear. "Is this a bad time?"

I finally came to my senses then and realised that I had to do something. I noticed my pile of school books on the table and grabbed them, taking me and them into the bedroom and shutting the door behind me.

The walls were thin so I could still hear the conversation clearly as Jord reluctantly led him through to the living room. "I'm sorry to have interrupted your film." The police man apologised, a slightly sarcastic tone to his voice as he apparently took in the Star Wars scene on the TV.

"It's not problem really." Jord assured him, but even I could hear the strain in his voice.

"I know we've already spoken to you about your relationship with Jessica, but now we'd like to speak to you about your brother's involvement with her." He explained and I could already imagine the questions he was going to be asked, the same ones I was.

"Sure." Jord agreed.

"How long have they been together?"

"I know they met in the summer, so probably since about then." He answered vaguely. We both knew he couldn't know all the details, because that would look weird. It was our 'relationship' not his.

Silence came and so I guessed the police man was nodding. "Do you know why they kept it secret?" He inquired.

"Something about Jessica's parents, I don't think they'd have liked it." He tried to explain. I noticed how he had called me Jessica, I guess having a nickname for me probably would have been seen as evidence against him. It just sounded so weird coming out of his mouth though. I actually liked him calling me Jess now.

"Why did they choose in the middle of a police investigation to reveal their relationship?"

"I don't know." Was Jord's reply. "It was their decision not mine, I don't interfere or pry into it."

"How does it make you feel, your student and brother being together?" He asked, surprising me. That was a question I was expecting.

I could guess there wasn't going to be a truthful answer here, Jord had been pretty uptight about the whole thing, and this was only fake! "It doesn't bother me. My brother seems happy and Jessica's just a student, maybe a friend. I only really see her when she's with my brother or in Maths." He lied through his teeth.

"That's all I needed to know." He informed Jord. "But do you mind if I use your toilet before I leave?" He asked, bringing me back to reality. To get to the toilet, you have to come through the bedroom, where I was hiding.

I chucked any evidence of my existence underneath the covers and proceeded to crawl under the bed. I really didn't like the idea of that and was terrified of spiders. Luckily, I was more scared that the policeman might catch me.

I held my breath when I heard the door open. Nothing happened though and I heard the bathroom door open in turn a couple of seconds later.

I had to listen to him pee for what seemed like forever, seriously had he been holding it in especially?, until he came back to the living room. He hadn't shut the bedroom door again though, which meant I was now stuck under the bed until he left.

"Do you have someone staying here? There were two toothbrushes and make up bag. Not to mention a pretty saucy looking pair of pants." I felt my cheeks heat up even though no one could see me. I hadn't left my undies laying around like I normally did at home had I? God, that would be so embarrassing.

"Urm. Just some girl I've been out with a couple times stayed over last night." He lied.

"Well if her underwear is anything to go by then she's pretty nice looking." The policeman said suggestively.

"Yeah." Jord agreed, sounding wistful rather than like he was actually lying. "She's pretty gorgeous."

"Well I'll be seeing you." The officer said loudly. "Have fun with your girl when she gets back."

I heard the door opening and closing after that and I tried to get out from under the bed. Jord came into the room when I was halfway out and began laughing at my struggling.

I stopped trying and pouted at him. "Stop laughing and help me up!" I demanded.

He grabbed me under the arms and hoisted me out whilst I lied flat on my back. He helped me stand up and then spun me around so that I was facing him. "That was a close one." He breathed out relieved. "Good thinking to move all of your stuff. Apart from your underwear apparently." He teased.

I blushed bright red causing Jord to laugh even more and raise his hand to caress my cheek, soothing the heat in it. "Let's go finish watching the film." I exclaimed, dragging him back to living room and settling us down on the sofa. Only this time, we started off close together.

-----------------------------------------------

When the film had finished, we had ordered a Chinese and ate it. By the end of the night, I was knackered. We decided not to bother arguing over the sleeping arrangements again. It was pretty obvious what was going to happen anyway.

After changing into my/his t-shirt, we both clambered into the bed. Although the atmosphere wasn't awkward, I still wasn't entirely sure what to do with myself. Should I stay lying on my back in this insanely uncomfortable position; turn over and face him and risk it being akward, or should I face the other way and risk letting him think I was ignoring him.

My decision was easily decided though when he turned to face me. I followed suit and ended up looking into his eyes. "Night Jess." He whispered quietly, reaching over and tucking a piece of hair behind my ears.

I smiled back automatically and couldn't help wishing I was closer to him. "Night Jord." I returned, my voice at the same level of quietness.

I soon found myself drifting off to sleep.

-----------------------------------

The alarm clock woke me up in the morning and I groaned against Jord's chest. We were obviously snuggling closely like I expected, but he barely stirred as the noise invaded my ears.

I gave up and lifted my head to try and find the source of the incessant beeping. When I saw in on the other side of him, I didn't even think before leaning across to turn it off.

I couldn't reach however, so I swung my leg over, ready for the other one to join it when Jord grabbed hold of my hips gently. We were in a rather compromising position, me straddling him wearing practically nothing.

He opened his eyes and looked at me curiously. I could barely even hear the alarm now, my senses were all paying attention to Jord. "What are you doing?" He asked huskily, his voice hoarse with sleep.

I blushed. "I was going to turn the alarm clock off." I answered quietly. I could barely breath being in this position. Indecent thoughts were plaguing my mind and the way Mr. Armstrong was looking at me wasn't exactly helping.

"Why did you need to climb over me to do that? I was trying to resist the temptation." He asked me, confusing me immensely with his last sentence.

I raised an eyebrow, about to ask him to elaborate, when the door opened. Matt looked cheerful and about to tell us something funny until he noticed the position we were in.

He stood in the doorway, gaping in a very un-Matt like way. "Well..." He exclaimed. "I didn't know I'd be interrupting something." He managed to get out as I sat there almost paralysed in shock.

I soon realised what position I was in and that the alarm was still blaring annoyingly. I quickly climbed off Jord and went to switch it off. I then stated awkwardly that I was going to have a shower and rushed out of the room.

What had just happened?!

-------------------------------------------------------

This is another short one, I know, but I wrote this whilst still on my Ipod :(

Thanks for all the Votes and Comments, only 6 chapters left I'm afraid!