A Year Full Of Surprises - Chapter Two.

Chapter Two…

Melissa grinned widely at me as she picked the two desks closest to the front. We had already discovered we were having the new Maths teacher and after the obsession everyone had had with him at lunch, Mel was dying to see him up close. “If he’s really ugly I’m going to hate you forever.” I warned haughtily, before slumping down in the chair. 

I hated sitting at the front. It just meant you always got picked on to answer the questions and do anything else the teacher just so happened to want. Surely Mel could have ogled him from the back of the room. A glum scowl made its way across my face and I made no attempts to get rid of it. 

Before I had started hating all my subjects, maths had been my favourite. I was always best at it and I enjoyed trying to solve the problems it created. Now, I just had to sit and pretend not to understand, even though it was crystal clear to me. 

Mel was still staring at the door dreamily when the teacher entered. As I studied him, I had to admit the people at lunch had something to be excited about. He was tall and muscular and couldn’t be older than 25. His brown, almost black, hair was cut in a style that was almost skater-ish, making his already hot face look even better. 

I realised I was staring almost as badly as the rest of the class, excluding the boys obviously, and quickly snapped out of it. He may be hot, but he was still a teacher and I still had a boyfriend. Mel had a look of pure lust on her face as he came and stood directly in front of us and it took all that I had not to laugh at her like an idiot. 

He cleared his throat, looking slightly uncomfortable in front of the many girl clearly checking him out. “My name is Jordan Armstrong, Mr. Armstrong to you, and I am your new Maths teacher.” He introduced himself. Mr. Armstrong. Certainly a fitting name. His arms looked very strong. I was pretty sure half the class didn’t even notice he had spoken, too busy looking at him, but I could appreciate the deep voice he had. It was kind of sexy. “I don’t know what your old maths teacher was like, but I hope I can live up to your expectations. Especially considering how many people dislike the subject.” He added. 

Mel leaned over to me. “They were right, he is hot. I bet your glad we’ve got front row seats now.” She whispered, winking at me. 

I chuckled quietly. “I would still rather be at the back listening to my Ipod.” I muttered. 

“But then you wouldn’t be able to hear the sound of his oh-so-sexy voice.” She contradicted me. 

I groaned. “You sound like a love-sick teenager Mel.” This was going to be hell. Even Melissa had managed to be drawn in by him. 

“I want to try and remember all your names,” he began, loosening up a bit now. “So I am going to do the register and I want you to put your hand up when you say your name.” 

I sniggered. Had he learnt how to teach 5 year olds? I was pretty sure we hadn’t done that since we were that old. He noticed my reaction and glared at me, clearly not impressed. I ignored him and waited for him to call my name. We went down the register quickly and everyone followed his orders eagerly. God! They’re obsessed! Admittedly he is probably hotter than all the guys in our school, but that doesn’t mean they need to fall head over heels for him!