A Year Full Of Surprises - Chapter Six.

Chapter Six…

I could barely process it as I watched Zack kiss down the blond girls neck before coming back up and kissing her on the lips. Their bodies were pushed close together and he was up against a tree. They carried on, not noticing me standing there, as my heart seemed to rip in two. 

I wondered how long this had been going on for? Why didn’t Zack just tell me? Why didn’t he just break up with me first? I wouldn’t have minded if he broke up with me, it would have saved constant questioning over whether or not he really did love me. But he had to sleep around with some blonde slut instead. 

Without any thought in my actions, I stormed up and ripped the blonde away from Zack. She screamed at me pulling on her hair, before realising it was me and giving me a smug smirk. Zack, on the other hand, was standing still as a statue. His face was a mixture of shock and guilt. 

“Babe?” He asked me, unsurely, reaching out a hand to grab mine. 

I slapped it away. “Don’t touch me.” I hissed. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. 

That when I blondie spoke and I turned to really look at her for the first time. “Well, I suppose you were going to find out in the end anyway.” She said, not looking like she cared at all. It was then that I realised who she was. It was Leonie! One of my so-called friends. That just seemed to make it that much worse. 

Zack was still looking astonished, so I didn’t speak to him directly. “GO.” I ordered. “Both of you just piss off right now.” I spoke so coldly I could barely even recognise my own voice. 

Leonie opened her mouth, no doubt to make another snide comment, but shut it when Zack grabbed her arm and dragged her away. 

Despite my need to simply collapse on the ground and cry, I had to get away from this tree to do it. I didn’t want to be anywhere near where those two had had their hands all over each other. 

Stumbling around until I found the next tree, I sagged against it, before falling to the ground and finally letting out my tears. I brought my knees up and wrapped my arms around them, burying my head. Sobs racked my body as I wondered how long this had been going on for. 

Had it been before he had pressured me for sex, or afterwards because I wouldn’t give it to him. Was this the real reason he looked guilty when he apologised the next morning, because he had really been fucking someone the night before? Did he even care? Leonie certainly didn’t. She had looked more than happy to see me find them. I had known she was a whore, but I didn’t think she would go that far. She was such a good friend. 

As I ran through the many scenarios of them being together in my head, I didn’t hear the footsteps approaching me, until a hand was placed gently on my shoulder. I jumped and lifted my head up, to look into Mr. Armstrong’s brown eyes. 

I hastily wiped my eyes with the end of my jumper, trying and failing to make myself look a tiny bit more presentable. I wondered how he had even found me here. Then I looked around and noticed I was sat in viewing distance of his classroom window.