Chapter Twenty Five

Scarlet's POV
I open my eyes slowly, groaning. My head is pounding loudly. I look up to see a white ceiling and hear beeping. Where am I? What happened?! The beeping starts to beep quicker. Someone grabs my hand, sparks traveling up my arm.
"Scarlet? Angel?" Someone asks. I look over to see Cole staring at me, relief in his eyes. I smile softly at him. Cole. Gosh how I've missed his bright green eyes, tender smile, his- A thought occurs to me.
"What happened?" I scratch out, my voice rough. Cole grabs a glass of water and hands it to me. I grab it and drink the whole thing. I set down the glass and try to think. The room, the abuse, blacking out, it all comes back to me. Tears fill my eyes and I gasp. Cole grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers.
"Shh, it's okay. Their gone. You're safe." Cole whispers. I take a few deep breaths and try to calm down. I look at Cole.
"I-I'm so sorry. I just was trying to save Jackson. I didn't want to leave you but I didn't think I had a choice." I say, tears falling down my face. Cole smiles sadly at me. He rubs his thumb across my cheek.
"It's okay Angel. All I care about is that you're safe and back with me." He says. I cry harder, not imagining the pain I put him through. Cole lets go of my hand and stands.
"Scoot over." He says. I scoot over and Cole climbs in the small twin bed with me. He gently wraps his arms around me and rest his head on top of my head. It feels amazing to be in his arms again. I lay my head on his chest and groan. I gasp as a sudden pain hits me. My whole body heats up in intense pain. I scream slightly in pain. Cole reaches over and presses a button several times. He rubs up and down my side with his other hand. I calm down slightly but the pain is still getting to me. A nurse runs in here and uses a needle to give me pain medication. It works almost immediately and I sigh in content at the loss of pain. Cole lets out a breath he seemed to be holding in.
"I'm so sorry Angel. I should have protected you better, not let the rogues take you. It's all my fault you got hurt." He says, sadness clear in his voice. I look at him to the best of my ability.
"Cole, it wasn't your fault. I left on my own, there is no way you could have stopped me. These injuries are my fault and the rogues. Not yours." I say. Cole opens his mouth but a doctor walks into he room.
"Alpha please get off the bed, you could be sitting on one of her wires." The doctor says. Cole gets of the bed. I'm surprised that the doctor knows that Cole's an Alpha.
"I never would have sat on a wire, I checked." Cole says. The doctor chuckles and looks at me.
"It's pleasure to finally see you awake Luna." The doctor says. I smile.
"It's Scarlet and the pleasures all mine." I say. He smiles at me.
"You're a very polite young lady. How are you feeling?" He asks. I move little and wince.
"I'm okay. A little sore but they just gave me pain medication so I should be okay." I say. He smiles and nods at me.
"That's good. You need to take it easy Scarlet. You can't rip your stitches." He says. I nod and he walks out. Cole slips into bed with me again. I look down at my arms, seeing slight bruises on my arms.
"What happened to me?" I ask. Cole stares at me, sadness in his eyes.
"Angel, I don't think we should talk about it right now." He says. I look at Scarlet.
"I need to know what they did to me." I plead. I remember being beaten up but I want to know what the doctor said about my injuries. Cole sighs and runs his hand against my arm softly.
"You came in with a black eye, bruises all over your upper body, cuts on both of your thighs, and you got a cracked rib." He says. I groan. He had beat me up good.
"Please tell me that a lot of people didn't see me in my bra." I say, recalling that the rogue had cut off my shirt. I decided to change the subject off my wounds, not wanting to relive what happened. Cole growls softly, making me flinch.
"More than I would care for but we weren't focused on your chest in that moment." He says. I blush. Cole saw me without my shirt. Embarrassing.
"Thank you for saving me. I knew you would come for me." I say. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.
"I'll always come for you." He says. I smile and relax in his arms. In safe. Jackson and I are safe. I freeze.
"Jackson, is he okay?" I ask. What if he didn't run back in time?! What if they captured him? Cole nods.
"Yeah. Jackson's okay. I mind linked him that you're awake and he's thrilled." He says. I smile, glad he's okay. More people walk through the door. I smile seeing my family. I smile widely at my dad and my brother. I was afraid that I would never see them again. They smile widely, seeing me awake. Mark and Dad come give me a huge hug. Dad glares at Cole, seeing him on my bed.
"What if you're sitting on a wire or something?" Dad asks. I laugh. Of course dad would say the same thing the doctor said. Cole stays where he's sitting. Dad looks at me.
"How are you feeling honey?" Dad asks.
"Better. Still a little sore." I say. I freeze and look over at Cole. What are we supposed to tell them? We can't tell them the truth.
"What are we supposed to tell them?" I whisper lowly to Cole. Dad clears his throat. I look over at him.
"Cole told us what happened. What really happened." Dad says. I gasp and look at Cole, narrowing my eyes. I didn't want my family to know of werewolves. They could get hurt. I glare at Cole hardly. Panic rises in his eyes.
"Why did you tell them without asking me?!" I whisper ferociously. I knew that way down the road they would have to find out but I was hoping it was years from now. Cole looks at me, pain evident in his eyes.
"They were asking questions and I thought they deserved the truth, they were going to found out eventually. I'm sorry Angel." He says, bowing his head. I can practically hear his wolf whining. I sigh.
"It's okay. At least there aren't anymore secrets." I say, grabbing Cole's hand.