Chapter Thirty Two

If someone told me a year ago that I would be mated to an extremely amazing guy who happened to be a werewolf and I would be his Luna, the co-leader of a huge pack I would have told you that you were insane. I sit up against the headboard of the bed that I am sharing with my mate and smile. I would have never believed that any of this would have happened but I am so glad it did. Some of the best things happen when you least expect it. I look over to my mate, laying on his stomach, the sun hitting his muscular back. I can't believe I'm going to marry him someday, have kids with him, no breaking up or divorcing, no worry if he'll fall out of love with me, that's something human couples can't say. I lay back down in our bed and snuggle closer to him, grabbing his heavy muscular arm and slipping underneath it. I am instantly warmed up as sparks radiate through my chest, as if my heart was full of them. He instantly pulls me closer, sighing in relief and going back to snoring lightly. I giggle and stare at his face. He is the person that I am going to spend the rest of my life with. I never thought I would find the person I would spend the rest of my life with at seventeen. I look over at the clock that sits on his nightstand and see it is 10:00am, about time for him to get up for his meeting.
"Cole." I say softly, trying to make him up. His eyes snap open and he leaps out of bed so fast that his body is a blur.
"What's wrong?! Where's the threat?" Cole growls, looking all around the room. I laugh and shake my head.
"There's no threat, I was waking you up for your meeting." I say, sitting up in our bed. He sighs in relief and looks at the clock.
"Thanks Angel. Sorry I got startled and thought you were in trouble." Cole says, slipping back into bed and laying his head on my bare leg. My cheeks heat up.

"It's okay. Did you sleep well?" I ask. He smiles up at my, his eyes shining.
"Every night I sleep well knowing that you are curled up in my arms." He says, staring intently at me. My heart beats faster.
"I feel the same way." I say. He sits up once again, groaning under his breath about not wanting to leave me. I watch as he walks over to our walk-in closet and grabs a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I grab my phone, flipping through my newsfeed of the day as he showers. My phone buzzes in my hand minutes later and I look towards the top of my screen.

'From: Brooke <3
Hey! Let's go to the mall today around 1pm and maybe a movie, how about you, me, Zac, and Cole?'
'Cole is busy today, I have a great idea though, trust me, I'll see you at 1.' I text back. I smile and get out of bed, throwing on some pajama pants and racing out of our room. I look at each door on the hallway, looking for Roy's room. Each room has the name of who occupies it. Once I found the room that belongs to Roy, I knock on the door. A minute later Roy opens the door looking like he just rolled out of bed.
"Luna? How can I assist you?" Roy says, rubbing sleep out of his eyes. I roll my eyes when he calls me by my title. Roy believes that after he growled at me that he has no right to be friendly with me, that he has to be respectful around me until he earns the rights to treat me as a friend again.
"I have told you already that I forgive you so please stop with all this formal speech. Anyway, how would you like to come with me and Brooke to the mall?" I say. If Roy comes with us then it will be easier for him and Brooke to get closer, after all, she is his mate. His face lights up as he stares at me astonished.
"Yes! Of course I would, thank you!" Roy says, anticipation in his voice. He rushes back in his room to get ready.
'Angel, where did you go?' Cole mindlinks me. I smile to myself, making my way back to our room. I walk back into our room and see Cole standing shirtless, the water from the shower glistens on his exposed chest. I instantly lose my train of thought as I stare at him.
"Angel where did you go?" Cole asks, moving towards me. I tear my eyes away from his sculpted chest and look into his eyes. I really need to get my hormones in control, lately I've found myself staring at Cole's chest more than normal.
"I went to see Roy, I invited him to come with Brooke, Zac, and I to the mall." I say, smiling at my plan. Cole growls, his eyes changing as James fights to come out. Cole is not happy with his friend right now. He is still upset about Roy growling at me. I tried to clam him down but it's the alpha in him that wants to protect his mate. I can't be angry at Cole for trying to protect me. I lay my hand on his chest and sigh in relief as his eyes return to their natural color, luckily after Cole's meeting he and a few warriors are going out on patrol so he will be able to let his wolf out. It will do him some good, lately he has had so many meetings, trying to track down rogues, that he hasn't gotten out much, we haven't had a lot of time to ourselves either. He is working hard to keep his pack and my family safe. Speaking of my family, my dad and my brother moved into one of the pack houses closest to us. They were only in walking distance from us and I couldn't feel more relieved. I would have been constantly worrying about them being unprotected, if anyone found out they were a Luna's family, they might be targeted and I would be damned to let that happen to my father or my little brother. I kiss Cole's cheek and walk towards my closet, time to pick out something to wear so I can get ready.
"I should send Callum with you, you can't go alone without a werewolf to protect you." Cole says, throwing a t-shirt on. I shake my head.
"Let Callum rest for today, Roy will be there, I'll be plenty safe." I say, grabbing a long grey maxi dress from the back of the closet.
"Okay but just know, I'm a mindlink away." Cole says, wrapping his arms around me, hugging me from behind. He places a light kiss on my head.
"I'll see you late Angel." He says.
'I love you.' He whispers in my mind. I love when he tells me he loves me other mindlink, it's so intimate, something only the two of us share.
'I love you too.' I respond.
-----------
I hop out of Roy's car, heading towards the entrance of the mall where my friends wait. Roy offered to give me a ride since we were going to the same place. Roy was nervous to say the least. He grabs my arm, making me stop and look up at him.
"What if she doesn't want to see me? I must have scared her last time." Roy says, releasing my arm and looking down at me nervously. I smile and shake my head.
"You guys are meant to be, I remember first meeting Cole and even then I felt the connection, you have to be patient." I say. He nods, determined. We continue to walk to the mall. I rush towards Brooke and throw my arms around her, giving her a huge squeeze. As I stare at the mall behind Brooke my stomach turns, my mind flashes with the images of what happened here not that long ago. I swallow down my fear and let go of Brooke.
"Let's have fun!" I say.