Chapter Eight

Scarlet's POV

I yawn and sit up in my bed.  I look around my room to see everything the same.  I slept in Cole's shirt last night and I never slept better in my life.  His shirt still smelled like him.  I lift the shirt up and smell it, it smells stronger of him now.  Weird.  I shrug.  I slip on some pajama shorts and walk out of my bedroom.  I sleep only in a large t-shirt and underwear.  I go through my normal routine except for this time I am taking my pain medication that my dad picked up for me yesterday.  I take a shower and put on a tank top and shorts, I don't want to put anything over my wound yet.  I turn and angle my body so I can see the marks on my calf.  I gasp.  They are three long ugly claw marks down my calf.  I shake off my shock and grab a wrap.  I wrap bandages around my calf, trying to cover it and I don't want to snag my stitches on anything.  I walk downstairs to see the house empty.  It was Sunday so my brother has baseball and Dad must have took him.  I go back to my room and grab my comforter and a soft pillow.  I lay down on the couch, putting my calf down gently and engulfing myself in my extremely warm comforter.  I flip on the TV and look through the shows on and start watching Bones.  I was completely comfortable and the doorbell starts to ring.  I groan, not wanting to get up.
"Who is it?"  I shout.  
"Cole."  The person answers.  Cole?  What's he doing here?  I look to see the door isn't that far away from the couch.  I sit up and stretch my body to unlock the door.  I unlock it and lay back down under my heavenly covers.  
"Come in."  I say.  I hear the door open and close.  Cole chuckles.  My cheeks flush and I hide further in my comforter. 
"What are you doing here?"  I ask, not looking at him.  
"I wanted to see if you were okay and if you needed anything."  Cole says.  I smile to myself, happy he seemed he cared.
"I'm okay."  I say.
"Are you alone?"  Cole asks.  I look up at him and my breath catches in my throat.  He is wearing dark jeans and a dark blue long sleeved shirt that hugged his muscles greatly.  He looks so hot.  I nod.
"Well then..."  He trails off.  He lightly grabs my ankles, lifting my feet up and sits down where my feet were, laying them on his lap.  I smile at the familiar sparks traveling up my legs.
"How's your leg?"  He asks.
"Better, no pain."  I say.  He rubs soothingly up and down the front of my injured leg.  With every stroke sent sparks and made me relax.
"That's good.  What are you watching?"  He asks.
"Bones, it's one of my favorite shows."  I say, turning back to the TV.  We watch it together, him stroking my leg and me enjoying the closeness to Cole.
"I knew it!"   I exclaim when the end of the episode came.
"Why are you so excited?"  Cole asks.  
"I knew he was the killer!"  I exclaim, doing a victory dance in my head.  Cole laughs.
"Your weird."  He says.
"You're just jealous that I am extremely smart and I call solve a murder bye the snap of my fingers."  I say, snapping my fingers for effect.  
"Oh yeah.  I'm so jealous that could you solve a fictional murder and I couldn't."  He says, laughing.  I roll my eyes at him and turn back to the TV.  I need something to eat but I don't want to get up.
"Cole."  I say sweetly.  I look over at him to see him staring at me.
"Can you please make me something to eat?  I'm hungry."  I say sweetly.  Cole nods.
"Sure, anything for you."  Cole says, moving my legs off his lap and going into the kitchen.  I smile.  I can't believe this.  Cole Steel cares about me?!  Wait...is this wrong?  He has a girlfriend.  I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just hanging out with him.  It's not like I'm kissing him.  My mood darkens at the thought of the blonde kissing Cole.  I shouldn't be sad.  Cole wouldn't want me even if he was single.  He would probably laugh at me when I admitted I had feelings for him.  I shouldn't have feelings for him, I've only known Cole for a few days but I've felt a special connection with him that I can't explain.  Does he love her?  A single tear falls down my cheek at that thought.  I'm being ridiculous.  Cole walks back into the living room but stops when he sees me.
"What's wrong?"  Cole asks.  I realize my tear was still was on my face.  I quickly wipe it off.  He places the plate on the coffee table and sits down on the spot of the coffee table in front of me.
"I think you should go."  I whisper, looking away from his piercing gaze.  I didn't want to push him away but it's the only way these feelings will go away.  Cole's hand caresses my cheek, softly stroking my cheek.
"Cole, you have a girlfriend.  Go spend time with her."  I say, closing my eyes.  I enjoy the sparks that travel through my body when we touch too much.  His hand falls from my face.
"I don't have a girlfriend."  Cole says.  I look over at him, surprised.
"What?"  I ask.  Cole moves closer to me.
"I don't have a girlfriend."  Cole repeats.
"She told me that you were hers and to stay away from you."  I say.
"Who would tell you that?"  Cole asks.  I describe the girl to him.
"Makayla."  Cole growls out.
"Makayla?"  I ask.
"We never dated her, we...hooked up a few times but it was never serious."  Cole says.  An awful feeling swims through my stomach at the thought of them together.  I look away.  I reach forward and grab the plate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it.
"Thank you.  I love peanut butter!"  I say.  Cole smiles.  Cole stands and moves back to where he was sitting before, moving my legs on his lap.  I grab my phone off the coffee table and hand it to Cole.
"Put your number in my phone so next time you come over I can be ready."  I say.  Cole smirks at me.
"You want me to come over again?"  Cole asks.  I laugh.
"Just put your number in."  I say.  Cole taps some things in my phone and hands it back to me.  
"I texted my phone so I have your number too."  He says.  I nod.  I grab my phone back.
"Do you want to go somewhere with me?"  Cole asks.  Why not?
"Sure."  I say.  Cole stops rubbing my legs.
"Okay, go get dressed."  Cole says.  I stand up but my face instantly flushes.  I forgot I was in a tank top and shorts.  I look over at Cole to see him eyeing my legs, my blush turns darker.
"I'll uh change."  I say, running up the stairs.  I quickly change into blue denim jeans and a normal t-shirt.  I put my phone and keys in my pocket and walk back downstairs.  Cole stands up from the couch and walks towards the front door, holding it open for me.  We walk out together and I lock the door behind me.