Chapter Thirty Nine

A/N Sorry this has been so long coming, you wouldn't believe how busy I've been, thank you all for being loyal readers!

Callum's POV

I pace back and forth in front of the Alpha and Luna's room, hearing rustling from behind the door. I close my eyes and mindlink Cole again, trying to push through the wall he built around his mind.

I tried to reach him as soon as Scarlet passed out but he's built this wall around his mind, no one can get in. Her hands turned into claws, her eyes shining gold, it's not possible, it's not possible for a human to turn into a werewolf. We are only born, we are not made, unlike the folklore humans believe.

One of the pack doctors is in with her now, checking her, trying desperately to figure out what happened. This is something unheard of, there will be nothing in the history books but I have several pack members looking through years and years of records.

Dr. Walker opens the door and steps out, closing it behind him. His eyes meet mine and I see sadness and terror. He's afraid, afraid for his Luna.

"I checked her, she's returned to normal, no signs anything happened, no symptoms at all, she's appears to be perfectly human. I'm sorry but I can't find any reason for what happened. I promise you, I and my intern, will look into the medical journals. I'll let you know if we find anything." Dr. Walker says, his expression apologetic.

My heart drops to my stomach and a lump forms in my throat. I nod and he takes that as a dismissal, walking past me. I can't believe this. I take a deep breath in and out, before knocking on door.

"Come in." Scarlet's voice answers from the other side of the door. I open the door, expecting to see her sitting on her bed, looking confused or scared, but instead I find her, fully dressed in black jeans, combat boots, and a plain black t-shirt. She grabs a black jacket from the closet and throws it on.

"Where do you think you're going?" I ask, my tone serious and demanding. She puts her hair up in a ponytail and her eyes meet mine, determination in them.

"I'm going to find Cole." Scarlet says, moving past me and out the door. I follow quickly behind her.

"You can't do that, you have no idea where he went and you aren't feeling well and you're only hu-" I cut myself off, pressing my lips together, internally groaning. She stops and turns around a fierce look on her face, determination in her eyes as they stare sharply at me.

"I'm only human? Is that what you were going to say? The way things are going, I'm not really sure that's what I am anymore and even if it is, what's wrong with being human? Cole went to find a witch, I can find a witch." She says, twisting back around flawlessly.

Scarlet is strong headed and determined, she will find a way to go, even if I lock her in her room. I sigh, trying to think of some way to talk her out of it as I follow her.

"Fine, if you insist on going, I'm coming with you." I say. She shakes her head but doesn't turn back towards me.

"I can't let you do that."

"Darling, if you think you're going anywhere without me, you are sadly mistaken. You're my responsibility, I'm supposed to keep you safe and I want to, you aren't just my Luna you're also my best friend and I would never leave a friend behind. Now, follow me." I say, walking past her.

We arrive at my bedroom door, I step inside and pull out the black duffel bag from underneath my bed. It's filled with clothes, bathroom toiletries, and weapons. I unzip it and grab my silver throwing daggers and a silver knife, careful to only hold the handles and I grab the thigh holster for them as well.