Chapter Sixteen

A/N Sorry! I'm so sorry it took so long I have been working a lot and going to school. I have some news! I am writing another book, don't worry it wont slow down this book. This book is my main priority but if you would check out my other book I will be so grateful! The outfit is one of Scarlet's! Thank you!  The new book is up!

I snuggle deeper into my incredibly comfortable bed. A groan sounds somewhere near me and I sit up in bed, afraid because I knew that groan didn't sound from me. I look down to see Cole sleeping silently under me. The top half of my body is against Cole;s, our legs twined together. I forgot he spent the night. Cole's arms tighten around me, pulling me back into his chest. I smile widely and snuggle closer to Cole. I am so comfortable. That was one of the best nights sleep I have ever had. I inhale his scent and sigh in content. He smells so good. I snuggle into his chest, which was surprisingly soft considering his toned pecks and six pack. Before I realize what I'm doing I press a soft kiss to his right peck. Cole shivers and his eyes snap open, he looks straight into my eyes. I blush and hide my face into his chest. Cole groans.

"Your killing me Angel." Cole breathes. I look at him, confused. Cole smirks and leans his head towards mine.

"Your testing me, it's very dangerous to test me." He whispers. Testing him? What does he mean? I decide to leave it alone and close my eyes, snuggling back into his chest. I close my eyes again and smile. I like this position.

"Are you feeling better?" Cole asks. I almost forgot about my nightmare.

"Yes. Thank you for staying." I say.

"Anytime Angel." He says. He tightens his arms around me and presses a soft kiss to my head.

"You know I'll always protect you, right?" He asks. I smile and nod. We lay there in silence, enjoying cuddling together. I knew that eventually we would have to get up but I really didn't want to. About a half and hour later we were up. Cole went downstairs, saying he was going to make breakfast, and I am going to take a quick shower. I walk downstairs. Cole is sitting at my dining room table waiting patiently. I sit beside him, smiling at him.

"Thank you for waiting." I say. I look at the table to see a stack of pancakes and scrambled eggs. I smile widely.

"You cooked this?" I ask. He nods, rubbing his neck awkwardly. He looks so cute when he's shy. I grab a plate and slowly take a bite, trying to torture him. I had to hold back on laughing from his irritated expression. Wow. This is really good.

"This is delicious, thank you." I say. I look at the clock in the kitchen and widen my eyes. Cole follows my eyes.

"I guess we aren't going to school today." He says. I forgot about school. Oops. I send a quick text to Zac and Brooke, telling them I won't be at school today. I have never intently skipped a day before. At least I don't have to worry about getting there on time. I freeze. I realize that I never asked Cole why he was at my house yesterday. I was too preoccupied with my nightmare. I look over at Cole to see him looking at me intently. I smile slightly. We finish breakfast and we go sit on the couch. The thought tugs in the back of my mind.

"Why were you here yesterday?" I ask. Cole tenses. He grabs my hand, his eyes fill with regret.

"I came over to apologize. I'm so sorry for leaving you yesterday. There was a family emergency and I was sure that I would be back in time to at least give you a ride home but I wasn't. I'm so sorry." He says. I cover my free hand over my mouth, feeling terrible.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know that there was an emergency. I thought you just left to hang out with your friends without telling me. I feel so terrible." I say. He cups my cheeks in his hands.