Chapter Thirty

Scarlet's POV

My eyes flutter open and I sigh in content, loving to wake up with Cole. We had an amazing first night together. We unpacked almost all of my things and all my clothes are in half of Cole's enormous closet. I smile to myself. I look up to see Cole sleeping peacefully. I smile widely and close my eyes, breathing in Cole's wonderful smelling musk. It still feels like a dream, Cole and I. I love him and he loves me. It is quite unbelieveable at times, especially when you throw in the thing about werewolves. Cole is my knight in shinning fur and I can't help but feel safe around him. When I am with him I feel protected, I feel loved, I feel beautiful. Cole is mine and I'm his. I never thought I would find the man I am going to marry so quickly in my life, that I would find my soulmate, my one and only true love. It is still a weird concept to think about how Cole and I have only been dating for five months and I already know I am going to marry him. Five months. Wow. How time flies when you're in love. I am in love with this handsome, kind, caring, wonderful man. So many things are happening soon. My birthday is next week and in a month will be Cole and mind's six months together. I freeze. Do werewolves celebrate anniversary's? I absentmindedly draw designs on Cole's naked chest. I feel a rumbling vibrate across my skull. I look up surprised to see Cole staring at me with his eyes darker then normal. I gulp and smile at him. Cole smiles sleepily at me. I inch forward in the bed and lay my head on his chest, right above his heart.
"I love waking up with you." Cole says huskily. I shiver and smile against his chest.
"I love waking up with you." I say. Bark. Bark. Bark. I smile and sit up. I see Bear trying to jump on Cole's bed.
"Poor thing. He must have fallen off the bed in the middle of the night. I move and grab him. He's gotten so much bigger but he's not full size yet. I sit on the bed with Bear in my lap. Cole wraps his arms around my waist and lays his chin on my shoulder.
"How did you sleep Angel?" Cole asks, kissing my neck. I smile, I slept amazingly but truthfully I wasn't as comfortable as I could have been. I'm not used to sleeping in shorts. I blush at the thought of sleeping in bed with Cole without pants on.
"I slept great." I say, petting Bear. Cole's arms wrap tighter around my waist.
"Your mind isn't blocked. I can feel your keeping something from me. Angel, you can tell me anything." He says. I sigh. I should have known.
"I'm just not used to sleeping in bottoms." I say, blushing furiously. I pet Bear more, not daring to look at Cole. I hear a low growl sound behind me. I freeze. Cole trails soft kisses along my neck.
"Angel," He whispers huskily,
"There is absolutely no need for you to be embarrassed. I want you to be completely comfortable living here." He whispers lovingly. I turn around in his arms to face him.
"I don't want to make you uncomfortable. I know how hard waiting must be for you." I say, looking down at my hands, ashamed. I love Cole. I really do but I'm not ready for that step in our relationship yet. Cole's hand firmly grasps mine.
"It's not hard waiting for you. Sure, it's not easy. Having you sleep next to me, pressed up against me, definitely doesn't help the fact that I want to rip your clothes off but despite the deep wanting I have for you, I would wait forever until you're ready. I never would want you to feel pressured or guilty. I will wait for you as long as it takes, even forever." He says, nothing but honesty and love in his voice. I smile widely and kiss his cheek.
"How did I ever get so lucky to find you?" I ask. He leans down and presses his lips to mine. He kisses me intently, causing sparks to travel through me. I smile against his lips and kiss him back intently. He pulls away and smiles at me.
"You are my world and I love you so much." Cole whispers. I smile widely.
"I love you too Cole. So much." I say. He smiles and slides out of bed. He walks into his bathroom I assume to take a shower. I lay in his, I mean our, bed and think about how drastically my life has changed. I close my eyes and listen to the faint sound of the water running from Cole's shower. A knock on the door interrupts my peace. I slip out of bed and walk to the door. I open it to see Callum. I stare at him shocked. He smirks down at me.
"Close your mouth darling." Callum says. I gasp.
"What are you doing here?! You could have been killed! There are tons of werewolves here that don't know you're my friend. They can rip you to shreds at any minute!" I yell hysterical. Callum laughs.
"Calm down. Your alpha mate allowed me to be here. He didn't tell you his plan?" He says. I look at him confused.
"He didn't tell me anything." I say.
"I saw your alpha yesterday and he offered me a deal. I get to join the pack as long as I become your personal warrior." He explains. Wait. What?!
"What does that mean?" I ask. He leans against the door frame of Cole and I's room.
"It means that I can become a member of the pack if I protect you whenever the Alpha isn't around." He says. What?
"No. I refuse to let you give up your life for me." I say. He laughs.
"Don't worry about me darling. I can take care of myself and you." He says. I shake my head and fold my arms together.
"Why are you here?" I ask. He smiles.
"I just told you." He says. I shake my head.
"I mean, why are you here at my door, right now?" I ask.
"Oh! The Beta told me to come up here. I guess I'm suppose to watch over you because the Alpha is leaving." He says. Leaving? Leaving to where? A pair of arms wrap around me as the smell of shampoo hits my nose. Cole's hair drips small droplets of water on my shoulder.
"What's going on here?" Cole asks. As a reflex I melt against him. No matter how many times I have been in his arms it always feels more amazing each and every time.
"Why didn't you tell me you assigned Callum to me? You can't just make my friends give up their lives for me and not tell me." I say frustrated. I'm suppose to have a say in this pack now. Cole sighs and turns me around in his arms.
"Callum knows how rogues think. He can protect you from them. You need someone to protect you and I can't spare a single warrior. I should have offered him the deal without asking you. You are this packs Luna now. I just have to get used to sharing my title." Cole says. I sigh.
"Damn right. If you want me to be with you forever then you better get used to sharing your life with me." I say. Cole looks at me surprised. I hear Callum chuckle from behind us. I pull out of Cole's arms, blushing. I had forgotten he was there. I smile at Callum.
"Could you give us a moment please?" I ask Callum. He nods and walks away from the entrance to the room. I turn back to Cole.
"Callum said Jacks sent him up here to watch over me. Are you going somewhere?" I ask, pouting my bottom lip out. I was hoping Cole and I could spend the day together. Cole shakes his head.
"I'm not going anywhere, you are. I have something I got to do today. Callum will take care of you." Cole says. I sigh and nod. Cole kisses my forehead and smiles at me lovingly. I grab my clothes and walk into the bathroom to take a shower.