Chapter Fourteen

Cole, Dad, Mark, and I were sitting in a restaurant and I kept shifting awkwardly. Cole was sitting next to me while Dad and Mark were on the other side of the table. Dad agreed to let Cole come to dinner with us as long as I explained what was going on. I am so nervous. I know Dad has met Cole before but never as my...my...I actually don't know what we are. We all ordered and were now sipping our drinks in silence.

"Why are you here?" Mark asks. I roll my eyes at my little brother, always the direct one. I clear my throat ready to tell my dad that Cole and I are involved. Cole grabs my hand under the table and squeezes it.

"I am here because I wanted to ask your permission to date your daughter." Cole says, not only shocking me but my dad and my brother. Dad stares between Cole and I in slight shock. Cole looks over at me and stares into my eyes.

"Scarlet is everything I have been looking for since I turned 13. She's perfect in every way, she's not only extremely beautiful but she is kind and caring. I've never felt this way before and I know no one else could make me feel this way. She's everything to me." Cole say, my heart beat speeds up. Cole looks towards my dad again.

"I know I did some horrible things in the past you may have heard about but honestly that is in the past. Scarlet is my one and only now and she always will be. I want you to approve of our relationship but to be honest no matter what you say or do, you could never keep me away from her because I care too deeply for your daughter to let you come in between us." He says. Shock courses through me, I never knew Cole had such intense feelings for me. Turning to look at me again, he continues.

Cole's POV

"She's all I ever think about, my breath catches when I look at her. Her beauty and kindness shock's me to my very core and I can't imagine how I ever lived without her. I would do anything for her, I would give up my life, sacrifice anything and everything to make her happy. I will protect her with my life, treat her like a princess, I will give her a happily ever after, I will do anything...anything for her." I say, meaning every word. I lift Scarlet's hand in mine towards my lips and I softly kiss her hand. I wanted to add that I loved her with all my heart but I knew it was too soon to say that to her. Scarlet smiles widely at me. Scarlet let's go of my hand and I instantly feel cold. Why did she do that? I was about to ask her what's wrong when Scarlet throws her arms around my neck and hugs me tightly. I smile widely and hug her back, placing my head in the crook of her neck, making James purr. Scarlet smells so good, I can barely contain James from marking her. Mr. Paine clears his throat and I pull away reluctantly from Scarlet. I look towards my mates father. I really want his approval of our relationship but I don't need it. I am going to be with Scarlet no matter what.

"I can see how deeply you care for my daughter, I saw that back when Scarlet was in the hospital and I can see it now. I give you permission to date my daughter but just know that if you hurt her in anyway, I will hurt you." Mr. Paine says. I nod, knowing I would never hurt Scarlet. The waiter walks over and sets down our food, as he sets down Scarlet's food I see him looking down her shirt. I growl loudly. Everyone turns and looks at me. I cough awkwardly and grab my water. Scarlet puts her hand on my arm, calming me down. She is looking at me concerned. I smile reassuringly at her.

"I had something in my throat." I say. I glare at the teenage waiter and he rushes away from my heated stare.

'No one looks at our mate like that except us.' James growls in my head. I agree with my wolf, I wanted to rip that waiters head off. I grab Scarlet's hand and intertwine our fingers, her skin against mine calming me down. We begin eating and I reluctantly let go of Scarlet's hand. I see Scarlet's smile falls slightly when I let go. I am happy that she is starting to feel the mate bond. I lean over towards Scarlet.