Chapter 40

Kageyama's POV
Hinata and I followed Takeda back to his home. It was nice, and it was nice seeing him again. He looked just like I remember him, just with a little bit longer hair.

"Make yourselves comfortable." Takeda said with a smile, setting his daughter down and taking the things he bought into the kitchen. Hinata and I sat down together and looked around. Takeda took a little bit of time to start the dinner before walking over and sitting in another seat across from Hinata and I.

"So, what brings you two all the way here?? Are you on a trip for your dad?" I shook my head, telling the tale to Takeda. Hinata giggled slightly at how shocked Takeda looked by the end of the story.

"You aren't going to like, report you found me or anything, are you?"

"Well, of course not Kageyama.. not after what you just told me. I find it kind of crazy but.. as long as you two are okay." He said with a small smile, picking his daughter up when she wandered over. We all sat together and caught up a bit when Ukai walked in.

"Hey I'm ba- Tobio???" He said with shock. I smiled slightly and waved as Ukai walked over and sat down by Takeda.

"Woah, well would ya look at you. I remember when you were just a tiny thin wanderin' around the palace. What're you doing here?"

"I'll explain it all later, come on can you watch her while I check on dinner?" Takeda asked, giving Ukai a kiss and handing him their daughter. I smiled faintly as Ukai talked about a bunch of random things, mostly work, until Takeda said dinner was done.

Time skip
Hinata and I thanked Ukai and Takeda for the evening, and promised that we would see them another time. I was so glad that both of them understood and said that they wouldn't give us away. Hinata smiled, skipping along while holding my hand on our way home.

"Hinata."

"Mhm!"

"If you could pick, would you want a daughter or son." I asked out of the blue. Hinata stopped for a moment before tilting his head.

"Huh, I guess a daughter. What about you!"

"Yeah, a daughter." I mumbled in agreement, Hinata smiling and resuming his skipping until we got home. Once we were home and changed, Hinata and I snuggled up together in our bed. My boyfriend in my arms sleeping soundly. I smiled faintly, so thankful that I had him. Hinata deserved the world, and I would do everything I could to give him that.. Of course in our current situation the world I give him might not be super grand... but, I hope he would accept what I had planned for tomorrow.

Next Morning: Hinata's POV

I yawned, waking up slowly and feeling Kageyama's weight keeping me in bed with him. I smiled sleepily and snuggled my face into his chest.

"Mm.. Hinata?"

"Waking up?" I said with a giggle, lifting my head up and kissing my boyfriend. He grinned sleepily, moving his arms and resting his hands firmly on my butt.

"K-kageyama..!" 

"Mm, what? It helps me wake up." He said with a tiny smirk. I blushed and wiggled my way out of his grip and got up.

"Hmph. I'm going to check the garden..!" I said, quickly changing my clothes and rushing off. I stepped outside, checking the plants that had sprouted or were starting to grow. I was so glad it rained lightly last night, it saved me from having to water all of these plants by hand.

"Hinata, can you come in here??" Kageyama called from inside our home. I dusted my hands off and wandered back in, seeing a man standing with Kageyama. I was a bit worried, wondering who this guy was.

"Um... Who's this..?" I asked, Kageyama walking over to me. He grabbed my hand and walked me closer to the guy who was smiling. He didn't seem bad and wasn't wearing any type of royal crests from Kageyama's family.. but what on earth-

"Hinata, will you marry me?" 

I froze, staring at Kageyama with surprise. Once I finally was capable of slightly functioning again, I nodded and didn't even register Kageyama taking my hand and pulling a ring out from his pocket. The man who was in our home smiled.

"K-Kageyama, what-"

"You and I have talked about getting married. And we both agreed we wanted to be married as soon as possible, right? If you really want, we can save up for a full wedding, but if you want, we can married right now, right here." He said, gesturing to the man who must be an officiator. 

I never really cared for a big wedding or any kind of festivities. When I imagined myself getting married, sure it was more of a 'traditional' idea, but with Kageyama, the ideal wedding for me was just one where I would be with him forever, no matter the time or place.

"N-no.. I want to marry you now..!" I said with a mix of a cry and laugh. Kageyama smiled faintly and held both of my hands. The officiator spoke the same words as at any other wedding. Finally, Kageyama and I said our "I do's". The officiator smiling and saying happily,

"Then, it is with the power vested in me, I pronounce you partners for life." The man said as Kageyama slipped the ring on my finger. The man gave us some privacy when Kageyama kissed me deeply. I couldn't stop blushing and giggling as I wrapped my arms around my, now husband's, neck. 

"Shoyo... I'm sorry. I wish I could have given you a full royal wedding like you deserve.. One with fine silks, all our friends and family.. and more food than just our garden veggies, but-"

"No, this is perfect."