Chapter 16

Hinata's POV
"Hinata, are you alright?" Suga asked me with a small smile. I nodded, sighing as I adjusted the floral bouquet in one of the vases. This is the second ball I've had to prepare for, but this one was gonna be a lot worse... This was supposed to be the ball where Kageyama proposes to that princess. And I didn't want to watch it. But, if it would make Kageyama and the princess happy, than, I guess I am too.

Time Skip to evening
The music ended, and the king stood up. Announcing the prince and princess... I tried to look away, but for some reason, I just couldn't help but stare as Kageyama got down on one knee. Presenting a ring to the princess, who gracefully accepted the proposal. Everyone else applauded while the two shared a kiss. I felt a lump form in my throat and tears start to well up.

I sighed, looking away as the music began again and people resumed their dancing. I avoided going near the thrones where Kageyama was, and just quietly blended in among the crowd of guests and serving drinks to whoever wanted them. I stood quietly with the platter of drinks when a man walked up to me, taking one of the glasses from the tray.

"Hello."

"Hello sir. Are you enjoying the evening?" I asked politely with a smile. He nodded, taking a sip while looking at me.

"Yes, I am. Thank you. May I ask how long you have worked here?"

"Oh.. I've only worked here for a few weeks, sir."

"Do you enjoy working here?"

"..yes." I said, both in slight confusion at his question and as a lie. I mean. I liked Suga and Daichi and everyone, but, just thinking of running into or talking to Kageyama made me too sad.. The man nodded as he swirled the drink in the crystal glass.

"Ah, I see. Shame, I have a position back at my estate. I think you'd be a wonderful addition to my staff."

"Er- um.. what makes you think that, sir?"

"I find you interesting. And cute." He said, making me blush slightly. I smiled, unsure what exactly to do or how to react.

"T-thank you, sir."

"If you ever decide to take leave of this place. You are always welcomed to come with me. I will be remaining here for a few days before returning to my home." He said, giving me a smile and turning to leave. I stood there, thinking about his offer.. Well... If this guy agreed to the same arrangements as the king, I guess it might not be such a terrible idea to go with him..

"W-wait, sir..!"

"Hm?"

"...May I speak with you a bit before I consider your offer..?"

"Of course you may."

A few days time skip: Kageyama's POV
"Wait, he's what..!"

"He's leaving, your highness." Daichi said with a slightly concerned look at my outburst. I huffed, marching off and up to the servant's quarters. Daichi running after me and trying to refrain me from going there.

"Hinata!" I shouted, checking his room, but it was empty..

"Your highness, please.. you are not supposed to be up here..!"

"Daichi. Where is Hinata."

"He's already left with-" I ran off back downstairs, not letting Daichi finish his sentence. I ran past Yachi, ignoring when she asked me what I was doing. She followed as I went outside, running to the stables and grabbing Jean. Getting on him without bothering with a saddle.

"Kageyama! What are you-"

"My servant has run off, and I'm going to find him." I said, gripping the base of Jean's mane and kicking his side to get him to a full gallop. I searched around for any signs of my Hinata. But it was to late, he was gone..

Hinata's POV
Wow, this place was nice. Not as nice as a palace, but of course an Estate was no joke. I walked in along side this duke, who told me his name was Atsumu. Another man walked over, looking down at me before looking at Atsumu and giving a polite bow.

"Welcome home, sir."

"Sakusa, please show Hinata where he will be staying, and explain to him his tasks."

"Yes sir." I quietly followed Sakusa up some stairs and into another servant's quarters. These ones were spotless. Not that the other ones were dirty, but, wow, it was soooo clean up here.

"That's your room. Your job will be to cook and do laundry. And please. Keep everything clean." Sakusa said as he walked off to show me where the kitchen and laundry were to be done. I followed him quickly, looking around.

"So. Who else works here??" I asked curiously, Sakusa saying up until me, it was only him.

"Woah, so, you've worked here by yourself??"

"Yes."

"Well, this place is in incredible shape..!"

"I do my best to keep it spotless." He said simply. I smiled, being told I can go to bed and start work tomorrow. I went back to my room and sat on my bed, looking at the clothes provided for me with a sigh. When I told Suga and Daichi and everyone else I was leaving, they said they would miss me and I was welcome back any time. And.. I dunno, maybe I will go back. But for right now, I guess, I just need to be alone...