Chapter 9 ~ The Boggart

The thought of Sirius Black being just miles away from Hogwarts was scary. It made my spine tingle. It scared me. The thought was gnawing at my brain, in my mind. It was going to eat me alive. Just the thought that a mass murderer was coming after me and my twin brother was something you couldn't help but think about. Who knew? He could be here tomorrow and kill both of us. I'd never get to do the things I wanted to do. Or say goodbye to Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, the Weasleys...Voldemort would win. It was a scary thought.

I stopped when I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't even think about turning around to face whoever was behind me. Until I heard Harry's voice. That was when I turned around, facing him with fear in my eyes.

Harry came to me and pulled me in for a hug. He knew I was afraid. It was rare that he saw me like that. Only Harry saw that side of me. It never mattered when he was around. I was still standing there with his arms around me, tearing up on his shoulder. I finally gave in and hugged him back.

We were there for quite a while, not like an hour or anything like that, but for quite a long time. We were just standing there, hugging each other in the middle of the quiet halls. I was still crying at this point. It was hard not to think about Sirius Black. I was just trying to live in the moment. We finally headed back to the Gryffindor Common Room, where we could talk. The walls had ears, too.

Harry said the password and we went in and sat on the couch by the fire. It didn't feel cozy and warm to me when I sat down. I felt cold inside. Everything inside me was just ice cold. Harry wrapped a blanket and then he wrapped his arms around me. We both looked at the fire as it was burning and crackling in the silence. The only reason we came back was to talk, but we both knew there was nothing to say. At least it was just us in the Gryffindor Common Room. I finally closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

*******

I fell to the ground once again. I was taking another beating from Lucius Malfoy. The blows were coming one by one as I was still on the floor, feeling numb everywhere in my body. This beating was the worst one he'd ever given me, but I still took it. I felt him pull me up and throw me against the wall, hitting my head hard. Luckily, I was still conscious, but my eyesight was blurry, and all I heard were echoes of people's voices.

For thirty minutes, I was still on the floor, too weak to get up. The floor was cold, and so was my whole body. This was it. I was going to die right here, right now, on the floor, with an ice cold body. I swallowed hard, but realized I just swallowed my own blood.

Everything was still blurry, but I saw two figures coming to me. They picked me up by both arms and carried me. I heard them saying stuff, but couldn't make their words out. They set me down in a room and closed the door behind them...

*******

I was about to walk out in Defense Against the Dark Arts. I had been standing up for too long and I was about to pass out. I couldn't really focus at the moment. All I thought about was that dream I had last night. It was more like a nightmare, actually. Whatever it was, I woke up, sweating and panting on the couch. Of course, Harry freaked out when he thought something was wrong with me. There probably was something wrong with me.

Hermione scared the shit out of me when she answered the question that Lupin asked. Honestly, when did she get here? I never saw her come in. Oh, well, I didn't need to worry about it. I had bigger problems to worry about, like Malfoy.

Professor Lupin told us that we were going to face our biggest fears today. But I couldn't face my biggest fear in front of the entire class. I wanted to keep it to myself, but I could tell that there was no way out of this.

I had always wondered what Malfoy's biggest fear was. His father, maybe? Voldemort? Was that possible? Voldemort was someone that everybody was afraid of, but why Malfoy? Well, it was a possibility, but I could be wrong.

Neville was now going to demonstrate how to face a boggart. The door opened and out came Snape. He was slowly walking towards Neville, ready to give him a detention. Oh, wait it wasn't really Snape, but it sure acted like the real one.

Then Neville shouted a spell and his boggart was wearing a girl's outfit. We all started bursting with laughter, minus the Slytherins, of course.

We got in a single file line and with Crabbe pushing me, I turned around and pushed him back and laughed as he fell on his butt. That was when everyone started laughing. I turned back around with a smile on my face. But I was still worried about what my boggart would be.

Ron's boggart wasn't a big surprise. His was a big, black spider and I could tell he was whimpering. He slowly took out his wand as the spider was coming closer towards him. Ron finally yelled the spell and the spider was rolling and falling on skates.

One by one, everyone faced their boggart and soon, Harry was next. I already knew what his boggart would be. It was obvious to me. Why? Because we were TWINS! Sorry, it was just so obvious.

Harry approached the thing and I was right about his boggart. It was a Dementor.

Professor Lupin jumped in front of Harry and the Dementor went away. A moon appeared and then it turned into a balloon, thanks to Lupin, and went back into the closet.

Class was then dismissed, but Lupin called me over. Oh, shit. I was in trouble.

I walked over towards him. "Yes?"

"I want to see your boggart. It's important that I know."

"Dumbledore?" He nodded. "Okay, let's do it, then."

I stepped back with my wand at the ready. To be honest, I didn't want to face it. My worst fear was something that not many people knew about.

Lupin slowly opened the door and the body of Lucius Malfoy stood before me. That was when I felt my vision go black when I collapsed onto the ground.