Chapter 15 ~ The Plan and Execution

We ran down the spiral steps as fast as we could. I was about to fall and trip, but at least Harry would break my fall if I did trip on the steps.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked Harry.

"I don't know, but I think it has something to do with Sirius," Harry replied.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Thank you for stating the obvious, Harry. Of course it has something to do with Sirius! Who else would she be talking about? Do you think that was him whispering our names in that crystal ball?"

"I don't know, Max! Right now, I'm just trying to get to Potions on time," he replied, running a little bit faster this time.

"Potions? That's what you're worried about? At a time like this, Harry? Oh, hell no, I'm skipping all my classes today," I told him.

Harry stopped in his tracks and turned around, looking at me like I had gone mad. "Are you crazy?! Why do you think that's a good idea, Max?! You'll get into all kinds of trouble!"

I rolled my eyes at him again. "Harry, it's Friday, and I frankly don't give a damn. I can't focus in class now, because I just found out that a mass murderer is coming here tonight and out of all the people here in this school, he's coming after us!" I told him in a very irritated and loud tone. "We have to get that map back, Harry. If he really is coming here tonight, then I need to know where he's at when I'm roaming around the castle."

"Wait a second," he cut me off. "You? You actually think you're going to do all of this alone?" Harry grinned at me.

I grinned back at him. "You in?"

He sighed, "I guess. I can't believe you dragged me into this."

"Hey, you agreed to it, didn't you?" I said, going past him down the steps.

We went back to the Gryffindor Tower after deciding to find Sirius. Luckily, no teachers were out in the hallways on the way there. We changed into regular clothes and went straight to work on how we were actually gonna do this without getting caught. Obviously, it was gonna be hard, but Harry knew that if we worked together then this would be a piece of cake. That was until another thought came into mind.

Today was the day that Buckbeak was going to be executed.

I totally forgot about that. I remembered the day we asked Hagrid about it. And by we, I meant me, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Who else would care about Buckbeak other than the four of us?

*******

"So, how did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermione asked Hagrid.

It was yesterday, on a cloudy day, and the four of us went down to the lake with Hagrid to ask him about the hearing with Buckbeak. Hermione and Ron were standing up while I sat with Harry on a huge rock. We were about to listen to what Hagrid was about to tell us.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there," he started. He had a handful of rocks and was skipping them between each sentence. "Then, I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. I mean, Buckbeak was always a good hippogriff, never harmed anyone before. This was actually the first time he's done anything like that. You know Draco, he just didn' know any better.

"And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, yer can imagine what he would say. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature, who would kill you as soon as he looked at yeh."

"And then?" Hermione asked.

Hagrid skipped another rock before he continued. "And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius."