Chapter 12 ~ Expecto Patronum

I woke up in the Hospital Wing a few hours later. My head was pounding by the minute. Harry was right beside me and he was also awake. Neither of us knew what happened. In fact, we were completely oblivious to why we were in the Hospital Wing and just waking up.

Everyone was surrounding Harry, but when I woke up as well, Hermione and some other Gryffindor students ran over to me, seeing if I was feeling okay. I assured them I was fine and they filled me in on what happened after we fell. Hufflepuff won the match, our brooms were completely destroyed by the Whomping Willow, and Oliver was in the shower, refusing to come out.

When the day turned into night, Madam Pomfrey released us to go back to our dorms. We both still felt a little crappy, but that feeling would probably go away by tomorrow. I was hurting all over my body and I didn't even feel like walking back to the Gryffindor Tower, because I felt so bad. I told Harry to go ahead up and that I would catch up with him later. That was when I sat down against the wall and put my head in my knees.

It was quiet. I didn't hear anyone coming for the next ten minutes. My head was still pounding from when I woke up. I was really hoping that Percy wouldn't come by and yell at me for being out of bed. I wasn't in the mood for his shit.

I was close to tears. I thought all of this was a nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

"Potter!"

My eyes shot open. I was panting and sweating. Malfoy was sitting on the floor, staring at me, with his eyebrows raised at me, looking at me like I was some kind of freak.

"What?" I snapped.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, I thought your brother was weird, but I guess I was wrong. It's you that's messed up."

I opened my mouth in shock. "Excuse me? I am not weird, thank you very much!"

Malfoy scoffed, "Potter, I think you hit your head hard on that fall. And you're not weird? This is coming from the psycho who was lying on the ground crying just now."

My mouth dropped again. "I was not crying!" Well, I was close to it.

"Oh, don't make me laugh!" He spat out. Literally.

I wiped his spit off my face and looked at him in disgust. I saw Harry cut the corner behind Malfoy. He came running up to me with a worried look on his face like always.

"Max, you alright?" he asked me, then glaring at Malfoy.

"I'm fine, Harry. Come on, let's go." I followed behind Harry, looking back at Malfoy one last time.

*******

It was around one in the morning when I woke up. Everyone else was asleep when I left to go down to the Gryffindor Common Room. Sure enough, Harry was down there as well. Looked like he couldn't sleep either. I went over and sat beside him.

"Hey, bro," I smiled weakly.

He chuckled a little. "What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same question. I couldn't sleep."

"Nightmares again?"

I nodded. "They were mostly about Lucius again." I wasn't lying. They were horrible. Words couldn't describe how terrifying they were. I had those nightmares for almost a while now. Every night, it was a different nightmare. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make them go away. I looked at Harry with fear in my eyes. "Harry, I want them to stop. No matter how hard I try, they won't go away." I was at the verge of tears. "I don't know what else to do."