Chapter 14 ~ Another Prediction

"Broaden your minds, you must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye! Only then can you see! Try again, my dear."

I was so ready to leave Divination. I didn't get much sleep after me and Harry returned to our dormitories when we were caught roaming around the castle as we were trying to look for Peter Pettigrew. Harry had his head down on the table, looking into the ball filled with fog, Hermione was actually trying to focus on making a prediction, and Ron, of course, was snoring beside me.

That stupid map was all I could think of. Was it lying about Peter being in the castle, going past us, and being alive? After all, everyone thought that Sirius Black killed him.

"Now, what do we have here?" I heard Trelawney say as Harry kicked me from under the table and did the same to Ron as well. We both shot up, sitting up straight and looked at her as she came to us.

"Do you mind me trying?" Hermione asked enthusiastically. Professor Trelawney smiled at her. Hermione took a deep breath, then answered. "The Grim. Possibly."

Oh, no, not the Grim again. Professor Trelawney had called me out in front of her class twice already. The first time was with the whole thing about Malfoy and I and how we were destined to be together, and the second time was with the Grim. The Grim was just a black dog that symbolized death so people said and it freaked everyone out every time someone mentioned it. She called out Harry about it as well.

Of course, out of all the people that got the Grim in our tea cups, we were the lucky ones to get it. Now people gave us strange looks in the hallways. Well, before that, people already gave us strange looks in the hallways. Not surprising, really. People thought we didn't have a problem with it, but they were wrong. Well, actually, Harry said he didn't, but I knew he did. But I was a whole different story.

So back to Divination class. Professor Trelawney looked at her and took her hand. She opened it, so she could see her palm. "My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination. No, you see there? You are young in years but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave." She closed Hermione's hand and looked back at her in pity.

Hermione pulled her hand away and stood up. She knocked over the crystal ball, picked up her bag, and left the classroom. Everyone else was murmuring as she left. The three of us were just sitting there, shocked at what Hermione just did. She would never leave a class early like that. But I couldn't believe that Trelawney actually said that about her.

"Have I said something?" she asked, looking at the three of us, confused.

She left our table, going to the next group, leaving us just sitting there with nothing to do since our crystal ball just rolled away, thanks to Hermione.

"Guess she couldn't handle the truth," Malfoy said, which made all of his Slytherin buddies bust out laughing. "Maybe she should say something about Potter, Potterette, and Weasley next." He smirked, then raised his eyebrows. "Oh, Potterette. I like that. Such a shame I didn't think of it sooner."

"I swear, if he says something about me, I'll go over there and punch the shit out of him," I whispered to Harry and Ron in anger.

"I'll hold him down while you do it," Ron replied.

We couldn't help but laugh at his comment. But he was being serious when he said it. But still, it was funny.

"Let's start with Weasley, shall we? His family all share one bed, because they're broke, unlike my family. You can tell his robes aren't even new. They're hand-me-downs, obviously. And he probably has a crush on someone who doesn't feel the same way. So sad, Weasley. It really is."