Introduction

**2020**

So here we are with an Author's Note.

For those who are new to this series: Welcome! I hope you enjoy this crazy series of six books!

For those who are re-reading the series: Welcome back! Please keep in mind that in the years I've had these books up here I've gone back many times and rewrote and tweaked things, so some things might be different. I'm not planning to re-write this series simply because I'd have to change a lot of things about everything and everyone and I also do not have the time to do so. I've spent six years writing this series and I feel like I need to move on to bigger and better things.

I'm writing this because I want everyone to know that I started this series a long time ago (2012) at a very young age, which is why it seems like the writing and plot is very immature in the beginning and there is some crazy stuff that happens that is questionable and problematic (really, it's not the best) and also why some chapters are really short and some are really long. However, all your questions get answered eventually, and it does get better as the series goes on (at least I think it does). I also loved this series a lot when I wrote it, no matter how much I cringe at it now, and I've grown as a person and as a writer since then.

And I will tell you this also: READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTES AT THE END OF EACH CHAPTER.

I will also point out that this book, along with books 2-4, contain abuse (mental, verbal, and physical), so please read at your own risk (there is no sexual abuse in this series, just to clarify)! There are some sexual themes included as well, (but no smut. I can't believe I have to put this in here, but because the story is not rated Mature, then that should tell you there's no smut. I'm not comfortable writing it, so don't say "We WeRe RoBbEd" or some stupid crap like that because that's very disrespectful).

So the big question is: Why don't I rewrite this series or even take it down?

Well, there are many reasons why I won't do that.

a. I do not have the time.

Many people know I have spent six years writing this series and I've gone back many times (I still do sometimes) to tweak a few things, along with some editing. So really, in the eight years I have been on here, it seems like I have been focusing on this series so much and it has taken a lot of time away from my other stories currently ongoing or potential ideas that I might post in the future.

b. I am still attached to this series.

This was the series that really kicked off my Wattpad career and one that I have been passionate with the most since the beginning. Max was my first OC who has stuck with me for a very long time, even before she was Harry Potter's twin. This was something I put a lot of effort in and it made me realize how much I loved writing. I enjoyed writing Max and her journey and I'd never trade that for anything.

c. People still love this series.

I can guarantee that the majority of y'all found my profile from this series. My friends love this series as well as my followers. As much as I cringe at it, knowing that there are people out there who do love the series still makes me happy.

d. I have grown as a person and writer since then.

We all grow and evolve as people and writers. Our views on things change and our vocabulary expands. This happens to everyone. While this series' writing isn't great, I have changed since then. This series does not reflect my writing overall.

This series does get better as you keep going, but please keep in mind everything from what is listed above before you start reading so that you'll understand why it's written the way it is.

The trailer is above.

**Please note that this story had a different summary in 2013 when the trailer was made, because I was terrible at making summaries back then (I still am, if I'm being honest). So that's why this book and the trailer have 2 different summaries (but the content in the trailer is still accurate to the story, if that makes sense).**

Thanks __caim for doing the trailer! :)

And finally, here is the faceclaim playing my first OC, a character close to my heart...

Nina Dobrev as Maxine Potter

So, without further ado, here's the story of Maxine Potter

So, without further ado, here's the story of Maxine Potter. Happy reading!

-A