Chapter 6 ~ Finally at Hogwarts

After changing into our robes in separate compartments, we met up again in the same compartment where the Dementor came in. The four of us sat there in silence, not bringing up any of the events that happened. It was strange how nobody but Harry and I heard the scream. Maybe we were the only ones that passed out as well. But my mind was on something else: Malfoy and his stupid self.

He was like a mood ring. He was one emotion, then changed to another. I hated people like that. It was best if you just picked one emotion about one person and boom. Done. But no, it had to be all complicated, didn't it?

The train stopped, which was a sign that we were finally at Hogwarts, or in our case, Harry and I, home. We would never consider the Dursleys or the Malfoys home. Every summer, we secretly wrote to each other and so far we haven't been caught yet. We just talked about whatever and it felt like talking to your best friend. Well, that's because he was practically my best friend.

It was still raining outside, so we were all put into carriages that were closed so we wouldn't get wet, and just my luck, I got stuck with Malfoy and Parkinson while the other three were in another carriage. How lucky was I?

The two glared at me, not even trying to make conversation with me. Then Parkinson decided to give me a weird look for some reason.

Finally, I got tired of it. "Is there a problem, Parkinson?"

"Actually, yes, you're here," she retorted. "It doesn't really give time for me and my boyfriend Drakie here some alone time!"

I rolled my eyes, and apparently so did he. Guess the Slytherin Prince wasn't too happy about pug-face calling him her boyfriend. I snorted at what she said, because it was pretty funny.

"Is there something funny, Potter?" Malfoy asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes at him, then shook my head. Since when did he care? Oh, wait, he didn't.

"I hate you, you know that?" I told him.

"The feeling's mutual," he retorted.

I huffed a sigh and finally decided to shut up. I wasn't gonna sit here and argue with him for another five minutes. I was about to punch him in the face, but I knew I couldn't do that. Pug-face slammed her lips into his, which was when I got mad and grossed out all at the same time. And I really meant it when I said gross. When we finally got out of the carriage, I made my way inside.

I was warm and cozy when I got inside Hogwarts. Even though I was wet from the rain. When I reached the Great Hall, I sat down beside Harry.

Professor Dumbledore made announcements about school, reminders, new teachers, and all that good stuff that people didn't really care about. But then he started talking about Dementors, the things that stopped us on the train on the way here. They were gonna be around the castle to make sure that mass murderer, Sirius Black, didn't get in. No one knew why he escaped except for me, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Mr. Weasley, and of course, Dumbledore. Once he mentioned that, he said something about remembering to turn on the light or something like that. He then bid us all good night and we all headed up to the Gryffindor Tower.

As usual, the Gryffindor Common Room was homey. I remembered the first time I stepped into the portal and saw the Gryffindor Common Room. At that moment, Harry and I truly felt like we were home. The girls went up to the dorms and the boys went up to the other staircase. I still needed to talk to Hermione, but when? Certainly not up there where we weren't alone. So I pulled her arm to the fire and we talked.

"So wait, he let you go?" Hermione asked after I was done. I nodded. "Wow, that's not something Malfoy would do. Did he say why?"

"No, he would never say why. It's Malfoy, Hermione," I replied. "But he's done this more than once."

"Wow. Well, I wouldn't worry about it too much, okay?" I told her I wouldn't then she gave me a weak smile and headed up to the Girls' Dorms.

I still sat there, still wet, holding my robes and shoes and looking at the fire. I'd been cold for the past two days and wet as well. But whatever, I honestly didn't care right now, and I was already tired. Classes started tomorrow and I was not up for them. Especially since we'd probably be stuck with the Slytherins all year. I swear, if Malfoy or his posse said anything about Harry or anyone else, some shit would go down. I meant it when I said that.

I heard laughing coming from the Boys' Dorms. I shook my head and chuckled to myself. Oh, those boys were crazy. I wondered if Dad was the same way with his friends, always joking around with them, as well as Mum.

I missed them so much. Even though I hardly knew them, only hearing stories, I still missed them. I started to tear up a little, but then I heard footsteps coming down and quickly wiped them away. But it was only Harry. He came by, sitting beside me on the couch, looking at me.

"Anything wrong?" he asked.

"I just miss them so much, Harry. Our parents."

I knew he missed them, too. There was no doubt. But Harry knew that talking about them wasn't easy for both of us. Everyone talked about their parents and how great they were and we had no one to say they were the best parents ever. The only parents we loved a lot were the Weasleys. They were like family to us. Harry wrapped a blanket around me and started rubbing my shoulder. It was nice to have him around whenever I needed him to comfort me or if I just needed someone to talk to. I knew he would never let me down.

He wrapped his arms around me and I put my head on his shoulder. He sighed. "Me, too."

I closed my eyes and thought about the picture Harry and I both had of them. It was a moving picture of them dancing together with the leaves falling all around them. It was beautiful just thinking about it, them together, happy, and alive. I thought I heard Harry crying as well. I looked up at him and it started to make me cry. He smiled weakly and wiped my tears with his thumb. I finally bid him goodnight and headed up to the Girls' Dorms.

Before I left, I looked back at Harry and smiled. "I love you, bro."

He smiled back, "I love you, too, sis."

He turned around, looking back at the fire. I worried about him sometimes. He worried about me, too. But hey, we were twins, right? It was our job to be worried about each other.

I went upstairs, hearing giggles from inside, wondering if I was going to be able to sleep tonight.