Chapter 19 ~ A Blast to the Past (Part One)

Okay, not everything went black after I passed out, along with Harry and Sirius. A lot of the dreams I was having all year just kept coming back to me. They were flooding my thoughts, making it hard for me to really do anything but just watch them all over again.

"Harry? Max?"

Harry and I both woke up at the same time. We were in the Hospital Wing, it looked like. "We saw our dad," Harry spoke up first.

Hermione was worried when Harry said that. "What?"

"He sent the Dementors away," I added. "We saw him across the lake."

"Our mum was there, too," Harry said. "Her Patronus was there, we saw it."

Hermione listened to everything we said, but she told us something bigger than what we told her. "You guys, they've captured Sirius. Any minute the Dementors are gonna perform the Kiss."

Harry and I shot up out of our beds, standing up straight. "You mean, they're gonna kill him?" I asked her in a worried tone.

"No. It's worse. Much worse. They're going to suck out his soul," Hermione replied.

"Was that supposed to make us feel any better?" I asked her.

But before she could answer, Dumbledore came in. He stopped when he saw us. The three of us went over to him. Hermione was the first to say something to him. "Headmaster, you've got to stop them. They've got the wrong man."

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent," Harry added.

"It was Scabbers who did it," Ron spoke up from behind us. I didn't even know he was there, so I jumped when he first spoke.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore repeated.

"He's my rat, sir," Ron replied. "He's not really a rat. Well, he was a rat. He was my brother, Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl--"

"The point is, we know the truth. Please believe us," Hermione interrupted him.

"I do, Miss Granger. But the word of four thirteen year old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen." Dumbledore looked at the three of us. "Mysterious thing, time." Dumbledore continued. "It's powerful and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss."

Consequences? What was he going on about? I was scared now. But if Hermione knew what he was talking about, then everything was all good.

Dumbledore continued on with Hermione. "If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it, I think." He started walking to the doors and told her one more thing before shutting the doors. "Oh, and by the way, when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck." He smiled at us, shutting the doors, leaving the four of us alone again.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asked in confusion.

Hermione turned to him. "Sorry, Ron, but seeing as you can't walk, we're going without you." Hermione took off a necklace she was wearing and wrapped it around Harry's neck and mine as well.

"We? What are you talking about? Where are we going?" I asked.

Hermione started playing with the necklace. Harry tried to touch it, but Hermione slapped his hand away. She turned it three times and watched it carefully. It started spinning fast and everything around us was going in what it looked like reverse. Soon, it was daylight again and everything around us stopped moving.