Chapter 12

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Imma back.

Please do me a HUGE favor and go check out Broken Hearts and Broken Glasses by Mariah_Mariah PLEEEEASE xD It's an awesome book - her first book on wattpad. I guarantee you'll love it(:

Now, on with the chapter!

*******

I walked through the forest, having no idea where I was going. I was completely guessing.

I had downloaded a compass app on my phone. I was going north, hoping that we be some sort of help. Unless the app was a rip off and I had just walked in circles for a whole day.

Yes, you read right. A whole day. Well, not technically. I made camp far back and slept for the night. I continued my trek at 6am.

My feet were killing me, just begging to take a break. But when a challenge enters my mind, I don't stop until its completed.

I started thinking about what was going on back home. Velma was probably going mad, phoning my mom and going to the police station. Well, I guess I'm technically a missing person. I've been gone for more then 24 hours.

Hey, wait a minute. I get to skip more school!

Suddenly, that didn't seem too exciting. I would give anything to have more old, normal life back. As long as Allison was safe, I didn't care.

I noticed something unusual at my feet. I glanced down and saw ash, like from an old fire. I looked around. I could've sworn I'd seen that exact same shrub back at my camp-

Oh God.

There , beside the ashes was the log I'd sat on. I knew it was the same one because I carved my initials into the top. And right there, behind the log was the small hole I had dug out to put my sleeping bag in.

I couldn't believe it! I had seriously had walked in a circle; I was back at the camp I made!

Stupid app.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket. Someone was calling me. Hopefully not the police, because I didn't want to answer and have them track my phone, and I didn't want to not answer because then my mom would freak out even more.

The caller ID was Private Name and Private Number. Jeez, why so secretive?

I hit decline and sat back down on the log, running a hand through my golden hair. How was I ever going to find Allison?

My phone buzzed again, but this time for a text. It was from the same Private Name Private Number. It read;

"A little lost? That's okay, because I know where Allison is. If you don't want to trust me, fine. She'll be dead in three days time anyways. But, if you really want to find here, just follow these steps: 172 steps N, 47 steps W, 93 steps S, 33 steps N and look for the red button. See you soon."

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

Allison was looking around the room, making mental notes of strange things.

- Only two rooms: this one, which includes her cell, kitchen, living area and a small bed for the man, and another bathroom

- there was no windows

- there was no doors

- the only lights seemed to be in Ally's cell, and above the couches

She looked at herself. Allison was literally skin and bones because of her small food rations, her bright red hair was a greasy mess, Her clothes we torn and covered in dirt and she was unnaturally pale. If the man didn't kill her soon she would probably end up dying anyways.

Plus, Allison's arms hurt like hell. The chains were short and tight, and were connected to the wall two feet above her head. She had been holding her arms in the air for about a month.

Allison couldn't live like this anymore. She was praying for a miracle.