Chapter 11

New Chapter(: I hope you like it!! XD

~ Emily

*************

Another week gone by. Nobody's updated me on the fingerprint scans on the necklace, yet. Probably because it was an epic fail.

What's new in the life of Caleb Marsh?

Well, let's see...

Absolutely NOTHING.

All because of my over-protective mother. The stupid part is that she's not even here. She flew back to Italy two days ago.

If you're wondering why I'm still here, at my house, it's because my mom gave the maid full authority on me. So that means no leaving. God.

I do have to back to school next Monday, though. Good and bad news. Bad because, well, it's school. I would take up seven million pages just explaining half the reasons of why school sucks so much. Good because I get to see my lazy friends that don't even attempt to see me in my crippled state.

Actually, I think they did attempt but Velma "The Maid" probably scares them off with the sprinklers.

She sprayed Allison once, too. Of course, I hardly cared about Allison back then. She was just coming over to sell tickets to some sort of gymnastics showcase or something. I guess Velma was intimidated by the red hair because she turned the sprinklers on as soon as Allison stepped foot on the lawn.

I sighed. Allison's always getting into trouble she doesn't deserve.

A knock sounded on my door. I sat bolt upright, hoping it was Luke coming to tell me the fingerprint scans were a success, and-

Wait. Luke doesn't knock on my door.

Velma's head popped through the opening. "I'm going to run some errands. Don't be getting yourself into any trouble while I'm gone."

"Don't see how I can cause any trouble with this thing on my leg," I assured, gesturing to the heavy grey boot that was clutching my ankle.

She shook her head. "You be good now."

Velma closed the door. I propped myself up on my elbows. I've been waiting for this moment for weeks. Literally.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. The boot was easy to walk on. Good for kicking, too. That might come in handy.

I pulled the backpack out from under the bed and double-checked everything was in there; flashlight, rope, food and water rations, spare clothes, sleeping bag, matches and I slipped my iPhone into my pocket.

Thank God for big backpacks.

I also didn't want to admit this, but I kinda sorta might have also put a knife in my backpack.

Let's get this straight: I may be a badass jock at school, but I would never ever murder - or even hurt - some one. That's just not cool.

The knife's only for show. To make me look more in control than I actually am.

I swung the backpack over my shoulder, taking one last look at my bedroom.

After all, I might never see in again.

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

"Ah, he's finally left the house," The man chuckled, putting some weird device back on a table.

Allison furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"Marsh. He's been in his house since he left the hospital. Finally got out. Hopefully to come find you." The man clarified, not even glancing at Allison. Instead he was sitting down on a couch, playing with an iPad. Very strange for a man well in his 30's.

Allison pulled at the chains that were locked around her wrists, and lodged into the brick wall behind her. "How do you know that?"

"Tracking device," He answered. "I put it underneath the sole of his shoe the night I took you from the hospital."

"Let's be real and say kidnapped. Not took." Allison decided, glaring at the man.

He peered over. He didn't respond, and Allison was glad. She was sick of his voice.

At suddenly realization, Allison's heart lurched.

Caleb Marsh, her crush since kindergarten, might actually be coming to save her.

This we would perfect if there wasn't some creep with a tracking device sitting just a meer ten feet in front of Allison. She sighed.

Why do all perfect things have to have an unneeded plot twist?