Chapter 8

Oh gods, I'm terrible. I haven't posted in forever :(

But, I have the new chapter now(:

Vote, comment, fan, and enjoy!!

******

*Caleb's p0v*

My mom had fallen asleep on the couch near the window about six hours ago. I craned my neck to read the clock on the wall; 3:47am. Great.

There was one thing on my mind that wouldn't allow me to sleep. One thing that hasn't been on my mind this long before, ever.

Allison.

She was missing and I didn't want to believe it. It's not like she meant anything to me. Allison was just a friend, or more so an acquaintance. We talked, like, three times.

I had a weird feeling in my gut, like I knew who took her. And let me tell you, it's a pretty reasonable guess. I case you were wondering, I'm thinking maybe that jerk who hit us took her. And maybe that jerk who hit us was the serial killer that killed Naomi Whatever, and the other two girls.

But once again, it's just a guess. I was in no shape to go looking for her. Plus, she's probably already dead.

I felt a pang in my chest when I thought that. No idea why, I mean I just called her an acquaintance two seconds ago. Jeez, my mind is stupid.

My whole body was aching. I was uncomfortable. Hungry. Thirsty. But there wasn't a freaking doctor or nurse in sight. I would've woken my mom up, but Stella Marsh needs her rest. I really wish my mom wasn't famous.

Hey, that's a good topic to get my mind off of Allison. I'll tell you about my mom. First off, she's famous. She's a supermodel/actress, as cliché as it sounds. We only see each other once every few months, but even then we don't talk much.

I've never met my dad. But apparently, he was famous too. An actor. They were co-stars at a movie, fell in love, blah blah blah. One day my mom found out she was pregnant with me, and, um, my dad didn't really want kids so he... Committed suicide. Yeah, I know. I always feel guilty thinking about that. My own dad committing suicide because of me. I hate that so much, sometimes I tell myself that he didn't actually die. He just moved to a different country, changed his name and appearance and is living a total Caleb-free life.

Yeah, yeah. Caleb Marsh is being so un-macho! Well, what if your dad killed himself because of you? You wouldn't be too macho, either.

Finally, a nurse walked into the room. I sighed with relief.

"Excuse me?" I asked, my voice quiet and hollow.

The nurse jumped. God, I'm just asking a question. "How long until I'm out?"

"A couple weeks." The nurse replied, still staring at me oddly. Well, thanks. That doesn't make me feel self conscious at all.

"Oh. Thanks." I muttered.

I sighed again. One thing was for sure: when I get the hell out of here, I'm going to find Allison Jepson.

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

"Struggle all you want. You'll just weaken, making yourself an easier target." The man instructed, the never-fading smirk still on his face.

Allison screamed something inaudible due to the piece of cloth tied around her mouth. She looked paler than usual, and her big green eyes were sparkling with hatred towards the operative. Her mess of red hair was knotted, tangled and all over the place.

The man's smirk turned into a grin. He took careful steps towards Allison, and when he was close enough he bent down to whisper in her ear. Not that it was necessary; they were in an isolated place, far away from any sort of help.

"And for the record," He whispered, his breathe smelling of blood and alcohol. "I'm not afraid of red-heads."

The man stood up, and laid a kick to the girl's side, laughing evilly as she cried out in pain.

*****

Hope you liked it(:

~ Emily