Chapter 6

Okay, put the guns down, or you don't get the new chapter (;

That's right, NEW CHAPTER.

It's finally here! xD

[Dedicated to EXTREMEmusiclover for interviewing me(:]

************

I had talked with Dad and Luke for a while. But when 10pm rolled around, they decided to go back home and get some sleep. Due to my injuries, I had to stay in the hospital for a week.

I was trying my best to fall asleep, but I couldn't help feel like I was being watched; sorta like the same way I felt when I was walking down the street.

I couldn't turn on my side, because of my stupid broken ribs. I had to try and fall asleep by staring at the ceiling all night. And, frankly, I can't fall asleep like that.

I heard a creak in floor from the hall. My eyes widened. My heart rate accelerated. It couldn't be...

No, I shouted at my mind. The weather's been cold recently, so the freezing weather is probably making the floors expand. That's all.

Unfortunately, my mid is very hard to please. I couldn't believe what I was thinking, even though it was more likely than the serial killer roaming the hallways.

Another creak sounded. I squeezed my eyes shut desperately. Aren't there, like, doctors at this hospital?

I sat up in the bed causing pain to flow throughout my chest. Damn broken ribs.

I propped myself up with my right hand - the one that isn't casted. I glanced to my left and saw a few tubes on my arm. I don't think it would matter if I unhooked them, right?

So I unhooked them. Minor pain, but there was still pain. I took a deep breath, and swung my legs off the bed.

Hopping on my left foot - the one that isn't casted - I made my way over to the single crutch leaning against a wall.

I peered out into the hallway. The creepy thing? There wasn't a single doctor or nurse in the hallway. The smell of sanitizer and really strong cologne wafted in through the hall. The cologne made me want to through up.

That nasty cologne was started to burn my nose. Where was it coming from?

I took a step outside my room, my crutch clinking along. I winced. I looked farther down the hall. Still nothing.

Cassie said Caleb's room was right beside mine...

I carefully opened up his door, and glanced inside.

There, inside that room, the hottest boy in school looked like a disaster. All because of me.

I couldn't go in his room, for both our sakes. So I just closed his door and moved on.

I was starting to feel lightheaded. Maybe that stuff hooked up to my arm was important...?

I heard footsteps from a few hallways down. I stopped walking and listened.

The footsteps stopped. A door opened. The door closed. The footsteps resumed.

I took a deep breath. It seemed like I was being held hostage at an abandoned hospital. Maybe Iwas...

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

The red headed girl continued to hop on down the hallway. The man in black was pressed against a wall, waiting for her to get close enough.

And then it happened. Her head appeared beside him, looking in the opposite direction. He's smirk widened.

In the swiftest notion, the operative jumped out, grabbed the girl by the arms, and held the cloth to her nose.

She was struggling; trying to break free, or trying to scream.

But his grip was like steel, and she wasn't getting out anytime soon.

In a few seconds, the girl's eyes shut and she dropped her crutch, sending a loud noise throughout the hospital.

"Who's there?"

Huh. So there's doctors here after all...

The man panicked. This was not part of the plan!

But he slung her over his shoulder, and exited the building before taking any attention to himself.

**********

Dun dun dunnnn. . .

So, the next chapter, and all the chapters after, will be written in Caleb's POV (:

~ Emily