Chapter 5

It's Thursday! xD Please vote, comment and fan!

******

  Luke and Dad walked back into the room. Luke dropped his milkshake when his eyes met my awakened form. I gave him a small, but reassuring, smile.

He ran over to the bed and engulfed me in his super hug. Pain shot through my chest.

"Thor's... Hammer... On... My... Chest..." I wheezed. Luke instantly let go.

"Oh, gosh I'm sorry. I totally forgot about Thor coming in here and using your chest as a hammer shelf." He smacked me upside the head, causing more pain.

"Dude, Captain America was also in here, and he whipped me with his shield, too. Right on ye olde noodle." I tapped my head for emphasis. Luke laughed slightly.

"How are you doing?" I asked him. He took a sudden interest in his shoes.

"Don't bring it up." He mumbled.

"Okay. I'll just let you know that talking makes it feel better." I informed him.

"Whatever." He looked away. More or less at his spilt milkshake by the door, which the nurses were now cleaning up.

Dad squeezed my shoulder. "How are you doing, kiddo?"

"Fantastical." I answered. Fantastical my ass. My head was throbbing, my chest was in excruciating pain, and my arm and ankle were extremely uncomfortable.

"That's not a word."

And that's my dad for you. Yelling at me about my English when I just got hit by a truck. Thanks, Dad. I love you to pieces.

"I meant to say fantastic. You know the doctors put me on morphine, right?" I explained.

"Luke's allergic to morphine..."

"That's nice. And I'm hungry. You guys just come waltzing in here with chips and milkshakes. That's rude."

Dad gazed over to some machines to my left. "They are feeding you."

"Yeah, drugs. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not a drug addict."

"No, Allison, one of these machines is pumping food into your system."

"Oh, cool. Eating without the exercise. I love the hospital!" I muttered with sarcasm. I guess my dad didn't find that exactly funny.

He glanced over to a nurse. "Can we take her off the morphine?"

Luke burst out laughing. I scowled at him.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Dad ran over to the couches and picked up a bag. Great. Now my Dad has a man-purse. "Some friends of yours dropped these off."

He handed me the bag. I glanced inside and saw tons of "Get Well Soon" cards.

"Woah! Was the whole school in here?!" I exclaimed, flipping through all the letters. There had to be at least 40 cards in there.

I skimmed through them. Here are some that stood out;

Dear Allison,

Heard about the accident. Why the hell were you walking in that weather. I think that guy hit you cause he though you were a firetruck.
Wait. That doesn't make sense. And I'm writing in pen...
So, um, get well soon
-The cheerleaders

Dear Ally,

Why in the hell were you walking in that weather? And with Caleb again! Seriously, what is going on with you two?!

-Gymnastics team

Dear Allison,

Wanted to wish you a get well soon. Also, have you been listening to the news? Sources say the same guy that killed those girls hit Caleb and you. !!! Watch your back from now on!

-Anna Holt (From science)

I spent hours and hours reading the letters and I barely even got halfway done. My God, that school must love me.

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

The man finished polishing the license plate of his truck, double checking to make sure there wasn't any traces of blood remaining.

His plan was a go, and he was ready to complete it tonight.

He stepped outside of the garage, his heavy boots clunking against the pavement. The sun was out and shining. The operative took a moment to bask in the warmth of the sun's rays.

A lot nicer than it was two days ago.

He grinned to himself. This was going to be awesome.

*****

I need a new cover for this story. .  . :-/

I'll post the next chapter later! (:

~ Emily