Chapter 13

Well, first off, I'm going to say thank you for 1,000 votes! (: I never thought it was possible, for my book to become this popular. So thank you:D

And now... Chapter Thirteen!!!

*********

Shut up, I listened to the creepy text for a reason.

Allison was the reason, mind you. I had no leads on where she was so I accepted any opportunity I got.

The twigs snapped under my feet. God, I felt like such a doofus. What kind of guy would risk his life for some girl he secretly liked for awhile and only wanted to help because he didn't want her to get hurt and he thought it was the perfect chance to confess his true feelings for her?

Well, me. And fictional book characters.

And, yes, I have secretly liked Allison. As cliché as it is, when I saw her bright red hair that first day of kindergarten, I couldn't stop my feelings towards her.

Of course, I've had plenty of relationships. Some were short, and a few lucky ones lasted about two weeks. But they always ended up failing because Allison and her stupid hair would make their way into my mind while I was -

Yeah. So you're catching my drift? Cool. Because I'm not even sure if all that mushy stuff up there made sense.

So I walked along. Did I mention I was feeling extremely uneasy?

I didn't even know who that text came from. It could be that creepy serial killer. Most obvious.

And I also had no idea what was up with this guy. I mean, the other girls he kidnapped we're missing for about 3 days, the they were found dead somewhere. But Allison has been held hostage for about a month. Considering she was still alive...

I continued walking, counting the steps in my head. Another creepy thing about the text is how the guy somehow figured the exact amount of steps I needed to take to find some weird button.

Which also didn't make any sense. I was in the middle of a forest; where would there be a button?

I was going north according to my compass app. 28 steps. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33.

I stopped. This is where the supposed button should be.

I glanced around. There was no button. Just a few trees, some rocks, moss, twigs...

A billion thoughts swirled in my mind as I looked for the button. Stuff like,

What if I counted wrong? Should I go back and check? Was this actually a set up?

I was about to keep walking when something caught my eye.

I squatted down, a brushed away some of the pine needles. A small, circular red button was in the ground. The dirt was packed down tight around it.

I guess it wasn't a set up then. Slowly, doubting my actions as I went, I pressed down on the button.

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

"So, Allison," The man came inside her cell, and bent down beside her. He took a strand of her hair and pushed it behind her ear. No words could describe Ally's hatred towards this man. "Are you hungry? Tired? Sore?"

Allison didn't answer. She just took short, rigid breaths through gritted teeth.

"Well, it's okay. It'll all be over in just a few moments." The man stood back up again, grinning cruelly.

Allison frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm going to kill you." The man replied, in a 'No, duh' tone of voice.

He pulled out a small, silver glistening pistol. He aimed it straight at Allison's face.

Her eyes went wide. "But-but-"

It sounded like a far distance off, but it was definitely noticeable. Allison couldn't tell what it was. All she knew was that she heard a noise. And it basically saved her life.

"Huh. I guess not. He's here." The man got out of the cell, and walked away

"What? What do you mean?!" Allison stammered. "Who's here?!"

Slowly, the man turned. With a sharp, pointed glare, he answered. "Caleb."

*******

xD Sorry for the cliffhanger

Anyways, the next chapters are going to be epic! I think there's going to be 16 chapters, and maybe an epilogue. (:

~ Emily(: