Chapter 3

Thriller #18 and Mystery #24 XD

This chapter is short, I'm afraid. Next chapter will be up by at least Friday (:

*******

I walked down the sidewalk in the pouring rain. I tried to use my hand to stop it from getting in my eyes, but to no avail.

Why, oh, why, did my car have to be in repairs today?!

I grumbled some colorful words under my breath. The rain kept pelting down on the road, the sidewalk, and my head. I glanced up at the grey sky and saw even darker clouds in the distance. Fantastic.

My teeth started to chatter. I felt like some eyes were on me, watching my every move from a far off hill, or tower. Or even just from behind a corner. I kept checking my back every once in awhile.

I closed my eyes and kept on walking forward. Just when I thought enough was enough, the rain stopped. I opened up one eye. Then the other. I looked up and saw something navy blue above me.

An... Umbrella? An umbrella from God?

"Hey." The voice greeted. I smiled as I glanced to my left.

Sure enough, Caleb was beside me, holding an umbrella.

"I'm starting to think you're the one stalking me." I joked. Seriously though, I had just looked behind me and I saw nothing but rain. Now he pops up out of nowhere like Mr-Freaking-Hero, with his almighty umbrella.

DaFuq?

Caleb's eyes grew serious. Then they returned back to normal. Only someone really observant would've seen that.

"Are you alright Caleb?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He mumbled.

"My ass." I said. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just drop it." He ordered, his voice serious. Gah! Why can't he just tell me?!

The headlights appeared in the distance faster than I could comprehend.

Nobody has been on the streets since I started walking. This one truck itched me the wrong way.

"Uh..."

"Stay on the sidewalk," Caleb instructed. I gave him a, "No, I thought I was supposed out into the middle of the road" look.

He glared at me. "I'm serious, Allison."

The truck was only a few feet away from us. The headlights were so bright I couldn't see the person driving. The truck was going at least 100 m/ph

"I know, but—"

The truck swerved. Its headlights were now glaring straight at me.

"Allison, watch out!"

The truck hit Caleb and I full-force.

****

~ Emily(: