Chapter 14

New Chapter!! Yay!!! XD So.. What did you guys get for Christmas? The things I liked the best were; Shawn Desman concert tickets (3 rows away from the stage!!!), a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt from Percy Jackson, and a new iPod Touch! (My old one was Second Generation, the screen was cracked, and it was really slow :P)

Also, I just watched the movie "Immortals". I don't know if any of you guys have seen it, but it is really epic!! XD Merry *late* Christmas, and enjoy the chapter(:

**********

Remember how I pressed the button? Got your heart racing? Freaked you out a little?

Well... Nothing happened. Sorry.

So I pressed it over and over again. It really started to piss me off. I mean, I come all this way for absolutely nothing? That's so messed up! Why did I have to listen to that stupid text message!

Finally I slammed my fist down. Still nothing. I pushed myself back, and leant against a large, sturdy tree.

"Don't worry, you haven't failed," Somebody said. "Yet."

I jumped up into some sort of battle-stance I picked up God-knows-where. Probably some action movie. Anyways, there was a guy standing in front of me. He was tall and slender, with a white mask covering his face.

Holy crap. Slenderman found me.

Okay, so he had a mask on his face. His body was decked out in black everything. Black cape (Lol, what are we, 1288 B.C?), black shoes, black shirt that looked like it had a bulletproof vest underneath, black pants.

Then there was me in ripped jeans and an AWOLNATION concert shirt. Plus my stupid boot and my backpack.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice sounding much louder and confident than I had expected.

"That's not important. What is important is you telling me why you're here." Than man replied, clasping his hands together.

"I'd be a lot more trustworthy if you took the mask off," I informed him. "Cowards hide their faces. A true man shows his face. Like myself."

"A true man? Ha! Priceless!" The guy sneered. "You know what else a true man does? He fights. He fights for the people he loves, the helpless, the weak, and for his rights as a human."

"K, dude, chillax. I'm not here for a war I'm here for Allison," I held up my hands in defense. "And I'm pretty sure you know where she is."

"Of course I do. But, the only way you can get to her is past me. And that requires a fight."

Ugh, great. I'm no fighter. I might be able to outsmart him if I could think of a plan quickly.

I dropped my backpack. "Alright. No weapons, only brute strength. But could you tell me your plan first? I'm most likely going to die anyways."

"Well, I suppose, so," The man decided, stepping closer to me. I took a step back. "It's not exactly a plan. I guess you could say I'm... Fulfilling a request."

He went to throw a punch to my gut. I jumped back another few feet in surprise.

My heart beat started to gain speed. "What kind of request? Who-?"

"Let's say I got into some trouble a few years back. The only way I could get out of it was by killing four teenage girls, and killing off the legacy. Three down, Allison to go," The man smirked. He took my right shoulder, and spun me around. I tried to break free of his grasp, but he just dug his nails into my skin.

He kicked the back on my knees, and I fell to the ground. I don't think that's good for a broken foot...

"What legacy?" I grunted, through my gritted teeth.

"The Legacy Of The Four."

"The what?!" I asked, close to a shout. My legs were in bad pain, not to mention that the guy still had his fingers digging into my shoulder.

"A while back there was a girl. She had bright, electric red hair. She lived in a small town, in present time Kansas. She started a war because her and the other females didn't get the same rights as men. She killed and burned almost the whole nation to ashes.

"Later on, after the war, when she was being held captive by the people she fought against, she swore to herself and her family she would makes things right."

"Why is this important?" I interrupted.

He took my hair in his hand and yanked my head backwards. "I suggest you shut up. I'm getting to it."

I glared up at him and he released my hair.

"As I was saying, Legend has it that in the future years, there would be four girls with the same bright red hair as the girl. Hence the Legacy Of The Four. Legend says that these girls would work together to destroy the land, just as their ancestor had wanted to do. My ancestors worked on the other end of the war. Each passing generation, the man of our family would get stuck with the job to find the fours girls and kill the legacy. If we do, well then we basically save the world." The man finished explaining.

I was astonished, thinking about everything he had told me. It was kinda stupid, actually. I mean - Allison Jepson, being the cause of the end of the world? Sorry, but that's a little far fetched.

"But, those girls probably didn't even know about their ancestors!" I tried to reason.

"Yes, but that's where the Redcaps come in." The man said.

I frowned. "Who're the Redcaps?"

"If you would listen, you'd hear me explain. So, the Redcaps were on the girl's side of the war. The swore on oath that each generation of their family would find the girls once they reached teenage years, and tell them about their past. But, we think the Redcaps gave up after a while because they haven't been seen or heard from."

"So why the hell did you murder the three other girls then? There's no point!"

"I did it to kill the legacy!" The man shouted.

I wriggled away from his grasp. "Forget all this bullshit! Where is Allison?!"

The man spun on his heel. "Follow me. I guess it's best for you to witness her murder."

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

The man had left about ten minutes ago now. I was anticipating his return.

Well, for good reasons, of course.

Mostly because it was likely he'd have Caleb with him.

My heart lurched. Caleb. Caleb was basically my only way out of this mess.

My life was in his hands.

There was some noises far away. The door to the bedroom slowly opened. My heart beat increased.

As predicted, the man had Caleb with him. Hopefully I didn't look too bad.

Oh my God, who am I kidding? I probably looked like I had slept in a dumpster for my whole life!

I was all expecting Caleb to come to my rescue, when I noticed something; the man was holding Caleb's arms behind his back.

And in a painful looking way, might I add.

********

~ Emily