Chapter 9

New chapter(: Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN!! xD

*******

*Caleb's p0v*

3 weeks had gone by in a flash, and there was still no news about Allison. I mean, it's been three weeks. She's probably dead.

But, like Allison's family, I refused to believe it.

I had gotten out of the hospital that morning. I was given crutches, but, come on, I can't fight crime with crutches.

So, I forced (Forced meaning bribed) the doctors to take off my cast, and give me a boot instead. I really don't care if my ankle is permentaly damaged. It's a life or death, siuation, you know?

It wasn't a very pretty day outside -- dark, stormy, and cold -- so the weather didn't help my mood. Neither did the fact that my girlfriend was babying me just like I expected.

No, sterotypical readers, I do know her name. It's Lindsay. And we've been dating for a month and a half. No, you on't need to get your eyes checked. That's what it says. I'm just a nice dude.

Nice dude does not mean gay.

Anyways, back on topic. Lindsay wouldn't leave me alone.

It started as soon as I stepped through the door to my house. Well, mansion, if you want to get technical.

"Oh my gosh! My poor baby!"

"Hey, Lindsay," I greeted. She sprinted up and almost killed me in a hug. And I thought trucks were bad.

So... you probably want a detailed description of Lindsay, right? Description? I can do that. Detailed? Not so much.

Lindsay is about an inch shorter than me. She's got curly brunette hair, electric blue eyes, and a warm bright smile. And she's a pretty good kisser.

"Caleb, are you alright? Is there anything I can get you?" Lindsay asked, holding my face and inspecting all my features.

"I'm great. Thanks." I replied, flashing her a quick smile.

She frowned. "You seem off. Did they give you medication at the hospital?"

"Nope," I answered, stalking off towards the kitchen.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"What's my middle name?"

"What?"

"You heard me. Maybe you have memory loss."

"Memory loss? What? Why would you think--"

"What's my middle name?"

"Lindsay--"

"Wrong! My middle name is--"

"Kathleen!"

 "Oh. Good."

"Yeah, it's fantastic. Now calm down. I just need some peace and quiet." I sighed, contuing my trek to the fridge.

"Seriously, though, Caleb. What's up?" Lindsay placed her hand on my chest.

I lightly kissed her on the lips. "Nothing."

As I scooted past her, I realized something was up. I didn't get the same tingle in my stomach when I kissed her. I felt bored.

"Actually..." I muttered, spinning on my heel. "Something is up."

Lindsay's face softened. "It's okay. You can tell me anything."

"Well, okay. I don't like you anymore. I like someone else. You're a tad bit annoying. So, yeah. I'm breaking up with you."

That just got me a slap, and a stomp on the foot. And lindsay just happened to be wearing heels. Not that I'm crippled enough.

"Fine! Well, I have you know, I like someone else too!" Lindsay shouted. I almost laughed. "Yeah! I like Matt Schneider from P.E!"

"Okay. Bye, Lindsay."

"You are such a jerk!"

She slammed the door closed.

Okay.... Yes. That was a little mean. But I knew that my choice was right. I do like someone else.

And I was going to do whatever I can to find her.

***Page Break 13S-AB/13S-AB/13S-AB Page Break***

*Allison's p0v*

3 weeks. Yeah, surprisingly, I'm still alive. I'm not dead. He doesn't even hurt me anymore. All he does is give me a small portion of expired food every two days.

So, basically, I'm being held hostage.

I thought the point of this guy's career choice was to kill girls a few days after he kidnaps them. Not that I want to die or anything. But, like, why was I so special?

The guy slithered back over to my holding cell and placed a tray on the floor. On it was a a plastic cup filled with musty water, and a few half molded pieces of bread. Trust me, this is better then usual.

I really love how he's so carfeul  not to give me glass.

He smirked. "He's coming."

"Who?" I mumbled, my voice very shaky and hollow.

"Marsh."

"His first name is Caleb." I spat, feeling strangely defensive towards a guy a barely even knew.

"Caleb, Marsh, there on his birth certificate. It doesn't matter. But he's coming. Unfortunately for him, he won't ever find you, and if he did, you'd be dead before he says you name." Dude told me, taking out a gun from his pocket.

I gulped. I was so dead.

*******

I hope this is longer than usual :P

There is chapter nine! Enjoy!! :D Oh, and please check out my friend's story -- The Walk by DanaMariePearce (: Thank you!

~ Emily