Chapter 10

I walked out of school with the girls.

"Hold on I have to tell Jack that Im leaving with you guys." I said and they nodded.

I walked over to Jack and he was with the people from Sam's house.

"Hey." I said and smiled, "Jack I'm gonna go home with Katie and Max so don't worry about taking me home." I said.

"Okay have fun."

"Bye I'll see you tomorrow" I said and started walking back towards the girls.

We got to Max's house and we went up to her room.

"Where are your parents?" I asked.

"My mom went to go visit her sister in Denver and my dad's in Florida for a business thing" She replied.

She walked out of the room and came back with the weed. She handed me a joint, I took a hit, then passed it to Katie, she took a hit, and then passed it to Max who also took a hit. We continued going around like that.

-------

"Paris! I'm home!" I heard from downstairs. Me being only 8 years old, seeing my dad after him being on a business trip for two days was a big deal.

I ran downstairs and jumped into his arms. "I miss you so much dad." I said and he hugged me tighter, "I missed you too princess." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Marie! Dave!" My mom shouted from the kitchen, "Dinner is ready." She said.

He carried me into the dining room and sat me down at the table, then he brought me my food.

"Thank you." I said and smiled.

"I have to go to the store." My dad said standing up.

"Can I go with you? Please please." I said.

"No it's already 8 and you have school tomorrow."

"Ok fine."

"I'll see you when I get back." He said and kissed my cheek then kissed my mom.

My mom took me upstairs and put me to bed.

"Marie Marie wake up." My mom said shaking me.

"Mhmm."

"Come on baby. We have to go to the hospital." She said and helped me get out of bed.

She handed me a random pair of shoes and then we ran out to the car.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"1 in the morning."

"Why are we going to the hospital?" I asked and she ignored me.
-----
I woke up panting hard, that was the day was dad passed away.

A drunk driver hit him and he died almost instantly. I didn't notice but tears were pouring out of my eyes.

Since that day, I haven't been the same girl. Especially, when it came to my name. My dad was the only one that called me 'Paris' everyone else from my family called me 'Marie.'

Everyone at school called me 'Paris' but I made then change that to 'Marie' now only my teachers call me 'Paris'.

Every once in a while, I will have dreams like this. But it makes it hard for me to concentrate or makes it hard for me to stop crying. So usually, I have Max and Katie come over to help me relax and we don't go to school.

I looked over at the time and it was 7 am. I called Max first, "Hello?"

"Max I had another dream."

"Ok I'll be over in 15 with food and ice cream."

"Thanks I love you."

"Love you too." She said and hung up the phone.

I called Katie and she said she would be right over.

I heard a knock on my door, I walked down and saw Jack.

"Hey I'm not going to school today."

"Why not?" He asked.

No way am I telling him why. Only two people know about this, Katie and Max. Not even my mom knows about this.

"I just don't feel good. Don't you see me I look like a mess." I said which was the truth.

My hair was in a huge messy bun, I was wearing sweats and a tshirt with no bra great hopefully he can't notice, my glasses, and I forgot to take off my makeup last night so thats all messed up from when I was crying.

"But you don't look sick. You look like you were crying. Is everything ok?" He asked, stepping closer to me and started playing with my fingers.

"Yeah everything is fine." I mumbled.

"I'm gonna come over after school." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Ok." I mumbled he said bye and walked to his car. As soon as he pulled out, Katie pulled in.