25

The whole car ride consisted of Max trying to talk to me but I just ignored her. I didn't want to talk about it.

But I knew I needed to.

The only thing is, I don't need to talk about it with Max. I need to talk to Jack, and I don't want to do that.

"Marie I'm staying over." Max said after putting her phone down.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to do anything you'll regret."

FlashBack

Leigh had just finished telling everyone all my secrets. I couldn't take it anymore. Tears kept pouring down my face, I had no one to turn to. I had nobody. My mom doesn't give a fuck.

Nobody does, and that's exactly what I had learned that night. I decided to do something that I thought I would never do. Everyday I regret turning down that road.

It was in the moment that I thought it would be the best, but it wasn't and it will never be. I went straight to the bathroom and grabbed a razor.

I threw it to the floor as hard as I could then stomped on it until it broke. When it did, I took the blades out.

Tears still pouring down my face, I lifted my sleeve and pressed the blade against my skin. Three times. I cut my wrist three times.

Flashback over

"Max I know better than that now." I said and sighed.

"I love you ok and I don't want anything to happen to you." She said and hugged me.

"Love you t-" I started but was cut off by my phone buzzing.

From Jack. I didn't bother to open it. I turned my phone off and put it on my dresser.

"Call Katie. Invite her over." I told Max and she grabbed her phone.

I changed into sweats and a sports bra. I walked back to Max, "Katies on her way" "Ok." I said and went downstairs with Max following behind me.

I made popcorn and then sat on the couch. The front door opened and Katie walked through.

"Tell me everything"

Was the first thing that came out of her mouth. After telling her the story and going through all her questions, we decided to watch a movie.

It was already 2 am and we were on our 3rd movie. I was wide awake, Max and Katie were half asleep.

I kept thinking about Jack and it was impossible for me to fall asleep. I heard a knock on the door, it's 2 am i don't know who's here.

I walked up to the door and looked through the window that was right beside it. Jack? I opened it and saw a stressed looking Jack standing there.

It was raining, "Come in." I said and he walked in.

He was soaking wet, "Did you walk here?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you just bring your car? Your house is not a close walk."

"My mom took away my keys because never mind long story."

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Because we need to talk." He said and his bottom lip started shaking.

He was cold, "Come with me." I said and grabbed his hand and led him up to my room. I opened my top drawers and handed him a pair of basketball shorts and a T-shirt. Both were his, I had them here, and I wear them all the time.

"Better?" I asked him once he came out of the bathroom. He nodded and I smiled lightly.

We both sat on my bed, "Why weren't you answering your phone? I was so worried." He said.

"It's off and I was downstairs."

"Ok. And I'm really sorry Marie. You know my intention was not, and will never be, to hurt you. I love you, a lot. It was a huge mistake to even say yes to meeting up with Leigh, and I should've told you instead of lying to you. But you need to believe me when I say nothing and I mean nothing happened between us. I made it clear to her we were going as friends and that I love you. I won't be friends with her if thats what you want. I'm willing to do whatever as long as I'm with you. You're the only one I want to be with. Marie I love you" He said and I smiled.

I actually believed every word that came out of Jack's mouth, and I was really happy. He obviously cares about me, he came in the rain at 2 am to come talk to me. Not many guys would do that.

"I forgive you. I trust you ok. It was just very suspicious and I got jealous." I said and he smiled.

"I love you."

"Love you more." I said and kissed him.