19

After driving for over 5 hours, music playing in the background, tons if conversation, I decided to give the idea of finding a hotel.

"Jack we've been driving a lot. Can we just stop now?" I asked.

"Yeah. We'll get off on the next exit."

"Ok." I said. He brought my hand, that he was holding already, up go his lips and kissed it. I looked over at him and smiled.

We got off at the exit and looked for a hotel. "Should we wait to get our stuff or bring it in now?" I asked.

"Let's get a room first." He suggested and I nodded.

We walked into the lobby, it looked very nice. Jack's parents have money, so he was able to get some and now we can stay at a nice place. I told him a motel would be fine but he wouldn't listen to me.

"Hi how may I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked.

"Hi do you have any rooms available?"

"Yes we do. How many nights?" She asked and Jack looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders, "A week." He told the lady and I nodded.

I brought enough clothes so that was fine.

"Alright your room is on the 6th floor, room 6178. Here's your room key. Two keys are fine right?"

"Perfect thank you." Jack said and handed me a key.

"Have a nice stay." The lady said and we went to the car to get the our stuff.

We went up to our room, we put our things down and looked around. There were two queen sized beds, but I'm assuming we will only need one, there was a balcony and there was lots of space for just the two of us. The bathroom had a huge tub and a regular shower.

Again, the thought of us not even being a couple came into mind. Here we are, we left our home town for a week, drove to who knows where, considering I have yet to ask where we are, all this and we are still just friends.

My phone started ringing, Max. I grabbed my phone and ignored it. I'm still mad at her for telling Jack to stop talking to me.

I know her and Katie are gonna think I'm crazy for leaving with Jack but they don't need to know right now. But they will find out later, I know Katie will be more understanding than Max. She always is.

"Marie? You ok?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine."

"You're always thinking so much but never tell me what you're thinking about."

"Well I was thinking about a lot of things."

"Tell me." Jack said and sat down on the bed. He patted the space next to him, telling me to sit.

I walked over and sat down. "Okay so what's wrong?" He asked.

"Well it's kinda us." I said.

"What about us?"

"It's just... we aren't even a couple and we're doing all these things. We left for a week, we had sex, I mean we act like a couple but we aren't."

"Do you want to be a couple?" He asked.

"I mean I guess.. yeah. But you don't an-"

"Of course I want you to be officially mine. I just didn't think you wanted to be mine, I didn't want to ruin what we had." He said.

"I like you Jack. A lot."

"I like you too." He said and kissed me, "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked and I nodded,

"I'd love to be your girlfriend." I said and hugged him. He smiled and kissed me again.

"Anything else that's on your mind?"

"No." I said. I was lying, everything with Max was on my mind but I don't want to bring that up right now. So I won't.