Chapter 6

*Two weeks later*

Jack is still giving me rides to school, and we hang out after school sometimes too. It all depends if he's gonna be with Leigh or not.
-------

It's fourth period and I asked to go to the bathroom. I walked out and then went to the bathroom. Leigh was in there with her little group.

"Hey Marie." Leigh said and her little group giggled. I rolled my eyes and walked to a stall.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me back, "You need to stop talking to Jack." She said still holding onto my arm and squeezing it which hurt.

"Let go of me." I said and she let go then slapped me across the face.

"If you keep hanging out with Jack this will only get worst." She said pushing me, which made me hit the wall, and walked out with her sluts.

I looked in the mirror and saw my cheek was already starting to bruise. I don't bring makeup to school so I'm gonna have to stay like this all day.
------

I walked out of school with Katie and Max. They already know about Leigh and they wanted to say something to her but I told them no. As much as I wanted to go up to her, I didn't want to make things worse.

"Hey Marie. Woah what happen to you?" He asked looking at my cheek.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"Um ok let's go." He said.

"It's fine Jack. I'll take her home." Katie said

"She lives a few houses down from me." Jack said.

"I know but I want to take her home" Katie said and looked at me.

"It's fine. I'll go with Jack. Call me later please." I said and she gave me a confused look.

Then Max shook her head as I said bye and then walked with Jack to his car.

"Are you going to tell me what happen to your face?" He asked starting the car.

"Oh I bumped into the door. Clumsy me." I said and laughed a little.

"Yeah you hit a door and then you got a huge bruise on your face."

"Yeah that's what happened."

"Lies."

"Jack stop trying to get me to tell you everything. My goodness you act like you should know everything about my life, you don't need to know anything. And if I'm telling you that I bumped into a door, then believe me because that's the answer to your question." I said and then he pulled up to my house.

"Call me when you want to tell me the truth." He said and I rolled my eyes and got out of the car.

I walked into the house and called Katie.

"Hello? I'm with Max." She answered. "Ok so you guys might be wondering why I went with Jack after the whole Leigh thing."

"Yeah you're an idiot. Leigh is gonna hurt you again!" "I don't care. I'm not gonna let her win like she won last time, so I'll keep getting rides from Jack. Plus, Jack is really nice."

"You haven't told Jack anything right?" Max asked referring to my life with my dad and stuff. "No. I don't tell anyone those things, you guys know that."

"Yeah just making sure." "Ok well I'll see you guys tomorrow." "Ok bye." They said and I hung up. I did my homework and then my phone went off,

From: Gilinsky
Tell me what happened to your face.

To: Gilinsky
You're annoying. Goodbye

From: Gilinsky
You'll tell me eventually.

I decided not to reply and I put my phone down. I heard the front door open and close and I went downstairs. I saw my mom which is weird since I never see her.

"Hey sweetie." She said looking down at her phone.

"Hi mom." I said and she looked up, "Oh my goodness. What happen to your face?" She asked walking over to me and putting her hand over the bruise.

"You know how clumsy I am. I bumped into a door."

"Must've been a pretty hard door to get a bruise like this honey."

"It was."

"I'll make dinner." "It's fine. I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Ok sweetie." she replied and I went upstairs to my room.

Alone // j.gOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara