17

We got to Katie's house, and we started walking to the door.

"It's making me uncomfortable to be here knowing Max doesn't like me"

"Just don't talk to her." I said and opened the front door.

"Hellooo we're here!" I shouted.

"Down here!!" Katie shouted back.

Jack and I walked down to the basement. "Finally." Max said.

"We didn't take that long" I said and Jack and I sat down on the floor next to them.

"Hey Jack." Katie said and smiled.

"Hey Katie." He said and looked at Max and just smiled. Max rolled her eyes, "Be nice." I said and pushed her shoulder a little.

She looked at me and sighed. "Let's smoke." Max said and Katie started rolling the blunt.

------

We got high and then got back to normal. "I have to go to the bathroom." Jack said getting up.

"Go up and it's the third door to the right." Katie said.

"Thanks." He said and walked towards the stairs. A few seconds later Max went to go get drinks for us all.

Jack's POV

I walked out of the bathroom and down the hall towards the stairs. I walked back to the kitchen because I saw Max struggling to hold all the drinks.

"Do you need help?" I asked trying to be nice.

"I don't need help, especially not from you." She scoffed.

"Look I'm sorry about whatever happened between us before, but that's all in the past and I've changed." I said.

"I just think you should stay away from Marie. She's been through a lot and I just don't think you're good for her. I don't want her to go back into her depression because of you."

"Do you think I want that for her? I don't. I want just what you want for her. I want the best for her."

Marie's POV

Max and Jack were taking long so I told Katie I was gonna go see what was going on. I heard everything Jack and Max were saying.

I heard from when she said that he should stay away from me. What? I told her that I kinda liked Jack. Why would she tell him that?

Is she jealous that Jack is with me and not with her. Wait no Jack and I are not together so he is not 'with' me. Ugh I'm so con- "Marie?" Jack said cutting my thoughts short.

"Yeah?"

"What'd you hear?" Max asked.

"Nothing. Is there something I should hear?" I asked mostly to Max.

"Nope." she said and smiled, fake.

"Ok great. Well Jack I think we should start heading back to my house." I said and he nodded.

"Bye Max." I said and walked to the stairs.

"Katie I'm leaving! Text me!"

"Ok!" she yelled back and then Jack said bye to Katie.