41. Comfort

Jen POV

My dull senses started hearing sounds. I hear Mia reading loudly probably from a book. My eyelids feel heavy as I open them and I squint at the bright lightings from the roof. A small groan came from my throat that feels like sandpaper and I see Mia stilled at my action.

"J-Jen?" She whispered with her eyes wide open. "Oh my god Jen!!" She then threw herself over me bawling her eyes out making me confused.

"Water." I say hoarse.

She quickly grabbed a glass filling it with water and handed it to me helping me drink. Her tears still fell from her eyes and I gave her a small smile.

"I'm okay"

"No you're not." She shook her head and continued crying.

"Mia." I put my hand over hers. "I'm fine now."

She quickly stood up and told me she would call a doctor. A few minutes later a doctor and nurse comes back and check my vitals and everything seemed okay.

"Miss Summers you lost an imerse ammount of blood and have been in a coma for a little over 3 weeks." The doctor informed me.

My eyes widened.
3 weeks? I've been in a coma for 3 weeks?!

"Uh. I see." I replied not knowing what to say.

The doctor nods and tell me to rest as he and the nurse later walk out. I turn to look at Mia that have now calmed down a bit.
Worry still permanent on her face as she holds my hand in hers fiddeling with my fingers.

"Hey." I make her look at me. "Are YOU okay?"

There was a small moment of hesitation before she nodded and said yes.
She told me all of what have happened the last few weeks around here except what have happened to her. I see something have happened as I can see a glint of struggle in her eyes.

"How's Gio?" I asked and I see anger flash by her face.

Her fists clenched hard and it took a while for her to answer me.

"He's fine." She replied coldly making me tilt my head to the side in confusion.

"That's all?"

"It's his fault that this" she pointed towards my shot wound. "Happened."

"No Mia."

"Yes! Yes it was! All these people are toxic! Why are you defending him?! He hurt you many times and now Nikolai have let you go, then we can leave!" She yelled fustrated.

I sighed and took her hand in mine softly.

"Mia it's not that easy. I realized this is where I want to be. With him. He will keep me safe."

"No! Look what happened! You were shot right before his eyes!" She pulled her hand away.

"Mia plea-"

"No! If you're not leaving then I am! I don't want to be here. You promised me! That after we get rid of Nikolai we would leave and live peacefully." Pain swirled in her blue orbs.

I was silent looking at her not knowing what to say. She's not wrong. I did promise her we would leave after we're done. I can't let her leave by herself, she stood by me when I had no one and saved me from a life of missery.

"We'll talk about it okay? Another time?" I ask her and see her eyes soften.

We were shocked when the door slammed open revealing a tired looking Giovanni staring at me as if this was a dream.