22. His flame

Jen POV

Nikolai.

If it wouldn't be for Giovanni's grip around my waist, my legs would give up and I would probably fall to the floor.

I stared straight into the very familiar blue orbs, I could see a hint of surprise then it passed on as fury. His bright blue eyes turned a shade darker as he saw Giovanni's arm around my body. He looked back at me and a flash of emotion passed by his face. Pain and betrayal. I took in his appearance as it has been 7 years since we last met. He still looked the same with his white blonde hair and even with my heels he towered over me. His body got bigger, more muscular, his eyes and face features colder, meaner and scarier.

As I stared at him I saw his eyes scan me and it stopped by my necklace, my ring.
A smirk found itself on his devilish handsome face which made my blood run cold.

"Moya luybov', moya plamya." (My love, my flame) He said clearly while never breaking eyecontact.

The walls around my heart instantly dropped and all I wanted to do was run into his arms.
Seeing him infront of me made me forget everything, all the pain, all the horror and all the bad things. I know he knew what went through my mind as his eyes could always see through me. I showed him everything he made me feel. Loved, happy, sad, hurt and most of all broken. I want him too see and know what he did to my soul and heart. He did that.

I quickly masked my emotions and went cold as I straightened my position and turned my attention back to Giovanni smiling at him sweetly to which he returned. It's a facade.

"Hello Don Giovanni." Nikolai spoke as he forwarded the hand.

"Don Nikolai." Giovanni returned the handsake.

"Introduce us." Nikolai smirked when he looked from Giovanni to me. Knowing full well I hid my identity from Giovanni.

"Ah ofcourse. This is my woman. Genniya Molotov." As he squeezed my waist. My eyes widened when he said my name. How?

"Your woman?!" Nikolai spoke with disgust in his tone.

This time it was Giovanni that smirked.
"Yes my woman. How about you introduce us."

It wasn't untill Giovanni spoke that I noticed a woman standing beside Nikolai clutching his arm. I recognized her and a pang went through my heart. Anna. The woman I once saw in Nikolai's bed when he cheated on me.

"Hi, I'm Nikolai's woman. Anna, pleasure to meet you both." She grinned at me in victory.

I clenched my fists and stared into her eyes.
Giovanni leaned closer to my ear whispering.

"Remember why we're here. We ruin them slowly." He kissed my cheek and I smiled at him widely nodding.

Putting my hand on his chest I look back at Nikolai and Anna.

"Lets go my king." Nikolai's eyes widened at the petname I used to call him.

Me and Giovanni turned our backs on them and walked away to our table in the center of the room where everyone came and payed him respect.

I could always feel someone staring holes on the side of my head and I leaned closer and closer to Giovanni each time which he didn't seem to mind.

Gio's phone rang and he picked up.

"Ok." He replied and looked down at me when he tucked his phone back into hos slacks. "It's time to leave gattina." (Kitten)

I nodded and sighed. As we were walking out of The Gala none other than Ivan Vasiliev stopped us.

"Genniya!." I stopped in my tracks and turned around to meet a very familiar face. "Sestra." (Sister)

I stood there looking at Ivan. The only one except Nikolai who used to care about me. Who treated me like his little sister, untill Nikolai changed his mind about me beeing love-worthy.

"Why are you with the enemy Sestra?" (Sister)

"I'm not your sister!" I hissed at him and a pain overcome his face. "You don't watch your sister get tortured and beaten without any ounce of care Ivan! Proshchay!" (Goodbye) I turned my back on him and walked back into the limo followed by Giovanni.

"Where's the others?" I asked him coldly.

"They already left."

I looked out the window while we sat in silence. I could feel his eyes on me.

"You okay gattina?" (Kitten) He placed his hands on mine and I slapped it away.

"Don't gattina me!" I snapped. "Whatever you're pretending to care, just stop it! I'm done!" The car came to a halt an I ran out of the car.

Running into the mansion I run past everyone that stood in the hall, I ran up the stairs ignoring the calls from Mia and Alessa.
I fell to my knees by my suitcase throwing all my things into it. My whole body shook and my breaths got faster as if I couldn't get air. I was hyperventilating.

"Jen. Jen! Calm down! What's going on?!"
Mia was kneeled infront of me with worry written all over her face.

"Mia I can't stay. I can't do this! I need to leave!" I felt tears fall down my face in streams.

"Why?! Don't you want to stop running? You want Nikolai gone! The italian mafia is the way to succeed!" She's right, but I never anticipated I would feel this way meeting him again.

"I loved him." It came out as a whisper.
"I loved him Mia. Seeing him again hurt me more than it should! Seeing him move on with Anna broke me again! I can't do this Mia!"

I was full on sobbing in Mia's arms.
"What about Giovanni?"

Mia's question came as a shock and i halted. Looking up into her eyes I see her fully serious.

"I-I-"

"Do you care about Giovanni?"

"I-I don't-" Taking a deep breath I calm down thinking of Giovanni. "I don't know." I finally replied.

"If you want to leave, we leave. Wherever you go, I follow but don't you want to be free?" Mia held my hand in her warm ones.

"I don't think I will ever be free of him Mia. I thought through all these years I convinced myself I am strong and that I am over him but I wasn't. And the next person I am attracted to is also a big bad wolf."

"So you're attracted to Giovanno?" She grinned at me and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Urgh stop!" I playfully hit her arm.

A moment of silence passed and I finally calmed down.

"They took Mira, Nikolai's sister." Mis exposed.

"What?!" My eyes almost popped out of my skull. "Nikolai is going to kill them!"

"Thats the plan Gattina." (Kitten) Me and Mia snapped our heads towards the door where Giovanni, Stephano and Alessa are standing staring down at us sitting on the floor.

They walked over to us and he crouched down facing me. He took my face in his hand and his grip tightened slightly.

"It seems you haven't told us the whole truth Gattina." (Kitten)

"I don't know what you're talking about." I replied coldly looking back at him.

A smirk grew on his face.
"Who are you exactly to Nikolai Ivanov?"

My breath got hitched in my throat.
Do I tell them? Tell him? Can I?

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

Will Jen tell tle truth?
What will Giovanni do if she does?

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!