2. His Control

39h Later

I picked up my phone calling Alessa. I haven't slept since I started. This time I had to be careful. Ofcourse I found him. I always find them.

"Hello?" Alessa answered meakly. I looked at the time and realized it was only 8 in the morning.

"I found him" I replied shortly.

Silence was followed by a gasp. "Oh. My. God. YOU DID IT?!"

I winced when she screamed into the phone.
"I will send Mia with the details". I ended the call quickly.

Getting up from the bed I went to Mias room and knocked. Almost instantly she opened. It made me wonder why she was awake. Looking at her it seemed like she didn't sleep either. Her bright blue eyes was a shade darker and red from lack of sleep.

"Did you not sleep?" I questioned her with a raised eyebrow.

She shook her head.
"In case you needed me. What can I do?"

I looked at her for a moment and decided she needed sleep more than I do so I told her I'm done and she cam go to sleep.
Before I could turn around back to my room she grabbed my wrist.

"How did it go? D-did you leave any traces?" She stuttered.

"Ofcourse not. Now go sleep. I will meet Alessa and come back".

With fast steps back to my room I started getting ready. As usual I put on all black clothes. It feels like it represents my soul. Dark and empty.

I recived a text from Alessa about thr meeting location and got a cab to the spot

The cab stopped infront of a small restaurant that seemed closed but 2 big guys stood outside the door and opened it at my arrival.

Walking straight inside I noticed it was empty. By one end of the restaurant I heard Alessas voice. I stopped in my tracks, she's not alone. She is supposed to come herself. I started to back away and turn around as I walked straight into a rock wall and stumbled back.

Something grabbed me before I fell. Looking up I looked into a pair of hazel green eyes. The hairs on my neck instantly raised. The eyes were empty, cold and ruthless.

I looked at him and I felt the grip on my arms tighten. His black hair gelled back with a jaw shap enough to cut through glass. I wasn't a tall girl 5'3 and he towered over me like a giant. His muscles could be seen through his armani suit like it was made for him.

 His muscles could be seen through his armani suit like it was made for him

I came to my senses and took a step back.
Someone behind me cleared her throat and I turned to her with a glare. She looked back at me with a shocked expression.
Walking towards me she took my hand and squeezed it.

"I thought you would send Mia?" She whispered looking at me and then behind me.

I shook my head at her simply. I wanted to get out of here. I shouldn't be in thie situation.

Suddenly the air around me was filled with a musky colonge and I know he's close behind me. I felt goosebumps on my body.

"U-um. Jen this is my brother Giovanni DeLuca. Fratello questa è lei" (Brother this is her).

Suddenly I couldn't speak. I looked up into his green orbs and he just stared down at me with empty eyes. For a moment silence filled the room. Then he spoke.

"Lei Sa?" He asked Alessa. (Does she know).

Little did they know I understand italian. I knew he refered to if I knew about who they are.
The DeLuca's are Italy's mafia family. They have ruled Italy for generations. At this moment the ruler, the king of the mafias is him. Refered as Don Giovanni DeLuca.

She shook her and and simply said "No".
I saw him narrow his eyes on me trying to see through me. I showed nothing. My eyes showed nothing except emptyness.

After a moment he nodded and walked away. Leaving me here with Alessa. It wasn't untill he left that I realized I held my breath. For how long I can't tell. I took a deep breath and still felt his colonge in the air, making my body heat up. What is going on with me?

"Where is he?" Alessa suddenly spoke up.

Handing her a small chip with the information I looked her in the eyes "Be careful. I know you know but he's dangerous. Don't mention my name and take care of yourself".

Before I could walk away she spoke. "When are you leaving? When will we meet again?"

I didn't turn around to face her. I don't get attached to people. It makes you weak.

"I'm leaving in 2 days." I didn't answer her second quenstion because I don't know when our paths will cross again.

* Flashback 2 years ago *

Sitting at a restaurant I waited for Mia to arrive. Beeing in London for vacation was her idea. Although I wouldn't considier it vacation.

Mia came running with a beautiful blonde haired girl. Her emerald green eyes had so much emotion and life that I didn't know of.
I looked at them when they sat down, both smiling wide like some fools.
Staring empty eyed at the blonde without saying a word.

"I met her earlier when I was shopping Jen! This is Alessa, she's alone in London shopping on vacation! Just like us! So I thought why not bring her with us right?!" Mia spoke with her high pitched voice all excited.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You thought so?"

"Eh. U-um. I-is it a problem?" Mia stuttered.

I guess I'm too harsh on her. Sighing I rolled my eyes at her. "Fine."

Both of them beamed at me and started ordering food to eat.

A week passed and everyday we met up with Alesaa. She kept her identity hidden. She told us that her family have hotels and restaurants as bussnies and she have 2 brothers that she called jerks for some reason.

She didn't know who I was or what I do. She knew my alias Jen which wasn't my real name. I liked her because of the life and fire in her eyes and soul. I felt the need to protect her.

Untill one day I decided to trace her identity. I found out she came from not just any mafia family but THE italian mafia family. I didn't want to get involved with her. Beeing with her meant beeing exposed.

"So what do you girls work as?" Alessa asked and pulled me out of my thoughts.

Me and Mia looked at eachother. "Jen finds people" Mia blurted out.

Clenching my fists i glared at Mia. What the hell is she thinking?! I was about to open my mouth but Alessa beat me to it.

"I see. Thats cool!" And she left it at that. No quenstions, nothing. I guess comparing to her it was nothing compared to her real life.

Next day we left London to go to California. We left without saying a word to Alessa.
Although I know Mia will somehow be in contact with her.

Little did I know 2 years later Mia got a text from Alessa saying: "Please I need your help"

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

I know, I know! I'm just building caracters so you know more of them!

Thank you for reading and please comment and vote!