8. Out of hiding

Jen POV

7 months later

Sitting by the window in a small apartment in NYC my mind keeps on wandering back to 7 months ago. The hazel eyed monster kept on appearing in my mind day and night without a a stopping moment. I've been keeping under the radar all by myself.
After we escaped and took a flight back tp Cali, me and Mia went our seperate ways to be safe. No contact with eachother, nothing. From time to time I think about her and I think about the last moment I saw Alessa.

I look around the small appartment that I have been living in the last 7 months. I guess I could call it home since I've never been at one place as long as this.

 I guess I could call it home since I've never been at one place as long as this

*knock knock*

Walking away from the window I got to the door opening it to find my old neighbor across from my appartment standing there with a small cookie basket in her hands.

"Hi Livvy, what can I do for you?" I smiled a small smile at her.

"Darlin'! I've been bakin' and I made too much for myself to eat!" She beamed at me with her whole face.

Livvy Lockwood is a 67 year old woman who lives in the same appartment complex as me. Overly kind and small with her 4'9 frame. Grey short hair and ocean blue eyes that held the world. Since the day I moved in she have been coming with cookies every sunday morning.

"Ofcourse you did make too much Livvy. Like you do every sunday morning" I say sarcasm laced in my voice as I roll my eyes.

She smacked my arm as she smiled and her eyes squinted at me. "Don't mock me you little rascal!"

We both chuckled a little as this happenes every sunday morning. She's the reason why I haven't had the courage to leave after 6 months. Even though I promised myself not to get attached but this little woman sneaked up into my life and planted herself there just perfectly.
I opened the door and let her inside where 2 cups of warm coffe is ready for us.

-

It's 7:30 pm and I start to get ready to go to work. I started working at a club as a bartender 2 months ago to keep the money rolling in.
I got dressed in black leather pants and a bodysuit and put my hair in a high ponytail while applying minimal makeup. Apparently its needed for the job.

 Apparently its needed for the job