27. Closure

Jen POV

What you going to do Giovanni DeLuca?

I stared him dead in the eyes waiting for him to do something. Alicia continued her whining.

"Gio Baby! What is she doing in my seat?" She was by his side pullinng his arm.

He turned his attention on her.
"Alicia. It's just a seat. Sit somewhere elses."

"Fine!" She then shocked everyone when she sat down in his lap.

I wasn't shocked by her behaviour, what shocked me was that Giovanni didn't do anything to push her off. I sat there staring at them while Alicia grinned at me in victory.

My blood started to boil when he continues his conversation with Angelo and Stephano like nothing happened. I feel Alessas hand over my arm and I see the pity in both her and Mia's eyes.

Pity. Me? What a joke. I lost it.
I started chuckling and everyone went quiet. When I noticed everyones attention on me the chuckle went on to laughing like a maniac.

I'm a fool. A goddamn fool for believeing this asshole for the second time. Placing myself in this situation again. My own goddamn fault.

I continue and laugh while I shake my head looking at Mia. She looked at me back with a knowing look and stood up walking to my side taking my hand and pulling me out of the diner.

Walking past Giovanni I see his shocked expession and my laugh gets louder.

"Fuck you." I mouth at him and his eyes went wider.

I kept on laughing all the way up to my room untill Mia closed my bedroom door.

"Jen-"

I put my hand up to silence her while shaking my head.

"It's fine Mia. I'm fine. I'm done. Lets just focus on this plan and get out of here." I spoke calmly. I'm not going to act like a damn fool again for that man.

She handed me a untracable phone from her back pocket. "Are you sure about this?"

I took the phone from her hand nodding.
"I need closure for myself. Go out, let nobody in." She nodded back in understanding and walked out the room, standing outsiee guarding.

Walking to the window I look down on the phone and start to press the number to Nikolai hoping he haven't changed it. Immediately he answered the call.

"Eto kto?!" (Who is it?!) He yelled and I jumped.

"Nik." I replied calmly.

It went quiet instantly, the only thing I could hear was my heart beating in my chest.

"Malyshka" (Babygirl). He breathed out softly.

Hearing him speak to me got me shaking to my core. Before I could speak he continued.

"I missed you."

My lips started to tremble. When he noticed I didn't reply his voice changed.

"What can I do for you to call me moya lyubov'" (my love). His voice was cold and calculating.

I took a breath to calm my nerves.

"Let's meet." I replied shortly.

"When and where?" Him agreeing shocked me.

I looked at the time and it was 9:30 AM.

"11:30 at La Casa Del Caffè."

"I'll see you soon." He ended the call.