37. Her first

Genniya POV

I saw him lean in and before I could react, his lips were softly pressed against mine.
I sat still shocked over what happened , his eyes open looking at me with hope and filled with love.

Closing my eyes I wrapped my hands around his neck pulling him closer deepening the kiss.
His body hoovered over mine and our lips moved in sync. His tongue traced my lips for entrance and I parted my lips letting him in.

I felt his hand on my hips moving up to my waist pulling me closer to his body. I kissed him back, pouring all my emotions into the kiss. All the love, hurt, pain and passion I had for him I let him feel it.

After a moment he eased back, both of us panting looking into eachothers eyes.

"Ya lyubil tebya Nik". (I loved you Nik) Whispered knowing he heard me.

His jaw clenched and pain flashed by his eyes.

"Loved." He repeated. "I never stopped loving you. Moya plamya." (My flame)

His eyes told me he said nothing but the truth, my chest hurt and a lone tear fell from the corner of my eye. He caught it with his thumb and rubbed my cheek afterwards.

"Stay with me. Come home again. I will make everything right." He begged me softly.

My throat suddenly felt dry and no words came out because I know what I am about to say will hurt him. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. When I opened my eyes again I gazed into his icy blue ones, the eyes I used to find comfort and at home in.

"This is no longer my home Nik. I don't want to be here. I can't forgive Mira or Ivan. I can forgive you but I can't say I will forget."

As soon as the words left my mouth I felt my cheek get wet and my eyes widened at the sight. Tears fell from his eyes and down to my face since he was still hoovering over me.

"If here isn't home, where is?" He asked, his voice strained in pain.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. The first image that passed by my mind was none other than Giovanni, but that wasn't home. Was it? I don't have a home, except that.

"Him?" He asked and brought me out of my thoughts. "I let you run and have your freedom and you go and give your heart to him?!" His calm sad eyes turned dark and angry.

"I- what?" I was confused. What does me mean he let me run?

He chuckled unamused and got off me sitting on the bed looking out the windows.

"Did you really think i didn't know where you were these past 7-8 years." It wasn't a question but more a statement.

He turned his head back to me and reached his hand to my neck, his fingers lift the small ring on my necklace. It was then I understood what he meant.

"If you really didn't want me to find you, why did you keep this moye plamya?" (My flame) His lips lifted into a smirk.

He then lifted his left hand showing me the ring on his finger that I gave him.

"Just like how you knew where I have been these last few years." He continued.

He knew. He knew I put a tracker in his ring and he did the same to mine. As if reading my mind he answered.

"Ofcourse I knew." The smirk vanished, his face now sad.

"I knew I hurt you and you needed time for yourself running away. I never thought you'd run into another man's arms. Expecially not Giovanni DeLuca" the way he said Giovanni's name sent goosebumps all over my body.

"I didn't run into his arms Nik. You hurt me, I wanted to hurt you back. I never intended to fall..." I stopped myself from continuing.

"To fall for him?!" He seethed.

His fists were clenched over his pants and I saw his jaw tick. He didn't look at me and kept looking outside the windows.

"I was going to tell you." His voice calm.
"About your parents. I was going to tell you about them after we marry."

He turned back to me his lips in a thin line.
"I wasn't allowed to tell you, my father had people watching them, you and me. One wrong move and either you or them would be dead. I wouldn't risk that. After we marry, I would instantly get the title of the Don."

His eyes looked at me for a reaction but I had none. I was stunned, knowing he is telling the truth.

"You ran away. I let you run and have your freedom, at the same time letting my father believe I didn't care about your existence. 2 years later he got shot and was severly ill. I had to take over and since then I took charge. Building the empire for you to come back, to take your seat beside me as a queen. I never once forgot about you. I believed our love was forever."

He stopped and took a deep shaky breath.

"Looking at you now I realized that I did the wrong move. I lost you." His hand intertwined together with mine. "It wasn't forever after all." The last part came out in a whisper.

He wasn't wrong, but why does it hurt so much when we speak of it. Am I really ready to let him go? To let our past go?

"Nik-"

He stopped me from speaking when he leaned in and kissed me again.

"Let me have this one last moment with you. I will let you go because you deserv it." He whispered his lips still touching mine.
"Let me hold you. I might not be your last but at least I find comfort in beeing your first love." He smiled a small smile that broke my heart.

Grabbing his shirt I pull him closer kissing him while tears fall from my face.
He kissed me back furiously while his hands on my waist pulling me closer.

"Nik I-" Once again he attacked my lips not letting me speak.

He then laid down and pulled my back flush against his chest, resting his head over mine.

"I know." He whispered sweetly and placed a soft kiss on the back of my head. "Just stay with me for tonight moye plamya." (My flame)

Deep in my heart I knew this would be the last time I hear him call me that and my heart ached for him, for what we used to be. His arm around my waist got tighter and I could feel the dampness on my hair, my tears fell knowing that his are doing the same.

I will always love him, in my very own way.
You're my first love after all Nik.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

So this chaper was pretty much shit.
I had a hard time writing this as I couldn't decide if I want this to be the end of them or not.

Do you think Nik will really be able to let go of Jen?

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!