20. Her rules

Jen POV

Waking up the day after felt like I have been hit by a truck then stomped on by an elephant. My head is pounding like hell and I'm hungry.

Knocking came at my door and I groaned when sitting up. Walking towards the door I opened it slightly looking out. Marco stood with a tray filled with breakfast with the most charming smile he could give.

"Morning principessa. Slept well?" (Princess) He grinnes at me and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"I feel like shit, probabbly look like shit too" I responded harsly.

He laughed a little and looked at my face through the door slightly cracked open.

"You look fine. Will you let me in with your breakfast or do you want me to let you eat through the door?" His smile at me never faltered which made me feel warm inside.

"A moment." I closed the door and quickly went to the bathroom. When I looked myself in the mirror I gasped in shock.

I looked like litteral death. My hair was tangled like a birds nest and the makeup was smudged everywhere. Taking a quick shower and washing my face throughly i put my hair in a high ponytail. Walking to my suitcase I pulled out a matching set of cosywear.

 Walking to my suitcase I pulled out a matching set of cosywear

I opened the door again and he still stood there waiting. When he noticed me opening the door the same smiled plasted on his face. His eyes scanned me and there was a twinkle in his orbs which looked like... envy? Of what?

"Well, whenever I think you can't look better, you prove me wrong again and again."

I gave out a ugly snort which made him chuckle. "Hell even that was adorable."

He pushed himself inside and put the tray on my bed while watching me sitting beside it.

"I got you hangover cure, a bit toast, bacon & egg and some strawberries. Eat them all." His voice came out like a comand which turned me on.

I was about to tell him to sit on my bed when he turned around and took big steps to the door.

"Wait! You-you're leaving?"

He looked at me as if my question shocked him and his eyes had a hint of sadness.
"Yeah I have work to do. I'll see you later."

Just like that he went out of the door.

-

After finishing my breakfast I quickly got out of my room trying to find Mia and Alessa. As soon as I stepped out of my room Giovanni also got out of his room. My airways was filled with his cologne and heat spread through my body. He looked as good as ever in a clean black suit and white shirt under. I got pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Alicias annoying voice right behind him.

Turning my attention away I was going to speed off when his rough voice called for me.

"Jen."

I stopped in my tracks but didn't turn around. I can't trust myself in his company.

"Get to the meeting room. We need to talk. Pianificare." (To plan)

"I'll be there in 5." I replied coldly and walked away towards Mia's room.

Walking straight into Mia's room she sat in her bed looking outside in daze. Clearing my throat she jumped on the bed, her eyes darted to me and her face flushed red. Cute.

"What got you sitting her in daze like this?" I asked her when I sat down at the edge of her bed.

"Angelo carried me to my bed yesterday." She spoke in a whisper and the light blush on her bed got brighter red.

"I know." I laughed. "And? You were passed out drunk." I stated.

She shook her head. "I wasn't. I was just embarrassed and tired."

I looked at her to continue and she kept silent for a while just looking out her window in sadness.

"Yesterday was the first time in 8 months that I didn't have nightmares Jen." Her eyes met mine and a my heart clenched at the sight of the pain in her eyes. "I've forgiven him but now I'm scared of him not wanting me. I even imagined him beeing gentle and whispering sweet words in italian yesterday." She sighed.

I put my hand over hers. "What did you imagine him say."

She looked down to my hand on hers. "That I was the most beautiful angel he've met." She smiled a sad smile.

"Well I must've taught you too much italian, for you to even dream and imagine it." She giggled lightly and nodded.

"Mia..." she looked up at me. "As soon as this is over. We leave. Remember our rules?"

"Yeah. 1. Don't get attached, 2.Don't stay in the same place longer than 6months, 3. Protect your heart." She repeated the rules that have kept us alive the last 7 years.

"Lets go. There's a meeting to plan the attack."
She nodded and we walked out of her room after she got changed.

-

We stopped right outside two large oakdoors and Mia knocked twice. The door instantly opened by Angelo and Mia grabbed my hand and hid behind me.

We walked in and everyone sat by his mahogny table while he is on the other side of the table. Taking a seat infront of him I point my finger to Alicia sitting on his lap.

"Get her out." I comanded.

His eyes lit up and his jaw ticked.

"This is bussnies correct? I don't need outsiders or your precious...whore, to know my bussnies. So either you take this seriously and get her out or me and Mia will get out of here."

It was compleatly quiet in the room as nobody spoke. Alicia sat there glaring daggers at me and his eyes bore holes into my skull. I stared back coldly. I'm done showing myself weak before this man.

"Alicia. Out." He comanded.

"But-"

"I said out! Don't make me repeat myself!"

She whined and pouted as she stormed out of the room slamming the door shut.

I crossed my legs and nodded at him.
"Cominciamo." (Let's start)

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

I noticed my latest chapters are long so it's boring to read? Here's a shorter one.

It's going to get exciting from here!
Hang on!

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!