23. His ruler

❕❕New POV❕❕

Nikolai POV

7 years ago

She ran away. She left me. Standing in her bedroom I look a deep breath, her smell of vanilla still lingered the room. I hurt her with my hands, I hurt the only person I love with my own hands. A searing pain shoots through my body straight into my heart.

I promised to love her, care for her and never let anything or anyone hurt her yet I did, I hurt her.
My father, none other than Dimitri Ivanov wants me to take over his seat as Don. He have trained me to be ruthless, cold and to never have weaknesses.

Just before Genniya turned 16 he told me we need to brand her, I refused him saying that's her choice. He told me she's a weakness of mine and he won't hesitate to kill her.
I watched her that day screaming in pain while her eyes was locked on mine asking, pleading for help. I couldn't.

I chose to be cold, to be angry and mean to her. To show my father she's nothing, for him to leave her alone. I even slept with Anna because I know he have everyone in the estate watching my every move. I broke her heart that day.

"Boss." I got snapped out of my thoughts when I hear my second in comand Vladimir speak.

"What?!" I barked while still having my back on him.

"We can't find any traces of her. She erased everything."

"Leave!" I comanded and he left.

A smile crept itself on my face. She's a fighter.
Run moya lyubov, moye plamya. (My love, my flame).

I will not look for you untill you're ready to show yourself. I will make it right untill you come back. When you come back you will take your rightfull place beside me.

Moya koroleva. (My queen)

-

Now - The Gala

I got out of the limo with Anna following me. My sister Mira forced me to take Anna as my company for tonight because I apparently a Don can't go alone. Mira came with her boyfriend Jerker and my best friend Ivan alone as my guard.

Standing inside talking to some other men the room suddenly went quiet. This only meant one thing. The Italians. Turning my attention I feel my heart stop beating.

There she stood, the love of my life.
My feet moved on it's own as she haven't noticed me yet. She still looked as beautiful as I remember. She had a red satin dress that fit her perfectly. Red, our favourite colour.
Her petite frame infront of me with brown almost black wavy hair fell beauifully down her back. When her brown orbs met my blue ones I noticed Don Giovanni's arm around her. Anger ran through me.

My eyes traveled up her curvy body and stopped right by her neck. Her ring. Our promise. She still kept it. A smirk made it's way to my lips. There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about her the last 7 years.

"Moya luybov', moya plamya." (My love, my flame) I said clearly while never breaking eyecontact with her.

When I spoke I saw her eyes tremble. A rush of emotions flashed by her eyes, showing me everything I put her through. All the good things and the bad. She quickly masked it and stood tall and proud looking me coldly in the eyes. She have never looked at me with that look on her face. Like I was nothing.

When Don Giovanni introduced her as his woman my blood started to boil.

"Your woman?!" I hissed.