33. Mom

When Peter woke up on Wednesday, Robin was looking at him.

'You're awake!' Peter said, smiling brightly. 'How do you feel now?'

Robin smiled, though he still looked tired. 'Much better. Is it Wednesday?'

'Yes.' 

'I've slept a lot.' Robin chuckled.

'You really did. But it's a good thing.' Peter leaned over to feel Robin's temperature. He was now just warm instead of burning hot, though his cheeks looked really red right now. 

'Your fever has fallen.' he announced, letting go a breath of relief. 'You see, it was really high, you were close to touching forty degrees.' he explained. 'I called a doctor, and he said you might have to go to the hospital if it kept increasing. Fortunately you did not go above 40.'

Robin suddenly frowned.

'What's wrong?' Peter asked. 

Robin pushed himself to a sitting position. 'You've stayed here with me all this time -for which I'm grateful, of course-  but what if you get sick as well?'

'The chance is not that high.' Peter says. 'The only person you could've gotten infected from was Alexander, and he has no symptoms at all.'

'Huh?' Robin frowned again. 'Then where did it come from so suddenly, if it's not contageous?'

Peter hesitated. 

'What is it? Did the doctor say something?' Robin's eyes held a bit of fear. 'Why are you not saying anything?'

'It's not something bad, probably.' Peter quickly reassured him. 'Just... you forgot your Valium, didn't you?'

'Yes, I did...'

'Did you... perhaps... did a trigger occur?'

Only now, it seemed to click in Robin's head, and he closed his eyes, sighing. 'I'm an idiot.' he mumbled.

'Why?'

'Hm. I did have an anxiety attack.' Robin said, his voice a bit shaky, but he blocked out his feelings quickly. 'And then I compensated it with sleeping pills. Too many, probably, I can't remember clearly. Gosh, I am truly an idiot.'

Peter reached over to take his hand. 'Hey, it's okay. I know it's hard to think straight when you're having an attack. Actually, I... I have something to confess to you.'

Robin opened his eyes again and looked at Peter. 'What is it?'

'Um, Sunday, that night. I had a really bad dream so I was panicking and then, um... I took a little Valium. Your Valium. I'm sorry.'

'Gosh.' Robin chuckled.

'What?' Peter asked when he didn't say any more.

'We really can't live without each other, can we?'

'Yeah, at least not yet, I guess.' Peter said.

Robin was quiet, his eyes closed again. He must be tired. Peter was about to move him to a slightly more comfortable position when suddenly his eyes shot open. 'Oh right, you are not staying with me this afternoon, right? You need to see Anita.'

'Well, I was about to call her though...'

'You shouldn't.' Robin said. 'This is important for your health, and you need it too.'

'I'm not going to leave you alone.' Peter stated. 'You're not healed yet, what if you get another anxiety attack?'

'It's only one and a half hour, I can handle it.' Robin said. 'Besides, I have my Valium here.'

'If you're dreaming, you can't reach it.' Peter said. Suddenly he got an idea. 'Though I can ask my mom if she wants to come here. After all, she likes you a lot and it's been a while since you two have seen each other.'

'Your mom?' Robin's eyes widened, something that startled Peter because Robin had seemed to get along with her well. Did he see that wrong?

'Yeah, why?' he asked.

'N-No, nothing.' Robin turned away, but Peter could see the redness of his ears. Oh no, did she perhaps spout that nonsense to him as well? The poor boy...

'Ah, she said something embarrassing, didn't she? I apologize, she can be a bit straightforward at times. But she means well.'

'Yes, that's exactly the problem.' Robin muttered.

Peter chuckled. 'Well, if you don't want to, I can always stay with you and not see Anita, right?'

'Nonono, okay then, miss Robinson can look after me.' Robin sighed in defeat.

Peter grinned. I knew it would work.

_________________________________

Lmao he is scared of his future mother-in-law because she is his future mother-in-law-

I'm still not sure what I think of their concept but this song is one of the best SM debut songs ever, that's for a fact. I'm addicted.