18. Baby

The Sunday was deadly boring. Even though it was no different from a normal Sunday, Peter missed Robin and so did the kids, who were extremely sulky today. 

'Robin where?' David asked multiple times, his big brown eyes looking up at Peter.

'Robin will visit us tomorrow.' Peter replied. 'Should we play with the Duplo, or go for a walk?' But David didn't want to do anything, he just clinged onto Peter.

Felicia was at the kitchen table, practicing the Korean alphabet Alexander had written down for her.

'Are you learning the Korean alphabet before the English alphabet?' Peter asked her.

'No.' Felicia said, turning over the page. 'Robin has been teaching me to write too in the past week. Look.'

In shaky letters, she wrote down: "Felicia loves daddy."

'Of course, it won't even take you a week.' Peter laughed and sat down. 'Why did we only start with it now?'

'Probably because Lindsey was dyslectic.' Felicia answered the rhetorical question. 'And because you forgot.'

Peter scratched the back of his neck. 'I'm sorry.'

'No, it's okay. I know you're not that smart.'

Peter was pretty sure that wasn't a compliment.

'Anyway,' -Felicia was writing again, this time Robin's name appeared, and then David's- 'why aren't you calling Robin? We all miss him, you can at least try, right?'

Peter ruffled her hair. 'It's better if I don't. He's already been with us for an entire week, and that in his holiday. He must be tired. But we could visit grandma and grandpa instead...'

The kids' eyes lit up. 'Granny!'

__________________________________

The next day when Robin came, Peter almost hugged him, but for the sake of his last bit of professionalism he held back. Instead he just smiled at the boy, unable to stop, and Robin smiled back shyly.

Even though he was supposed to be just visiting, out of habit he took care of the kids too, and Peter took the chance to rest. Even though he was quickly recovering from the concussion, he still felt a bit tired from time to time. Sadly, that was always throughout the day and not the night. During the night he was of course unable to sleep.

After Peter had rested enough, he joined Robin with the kids, they were building a house with the Duplo right now. They had a lot of fun and also did a tower-building match. Robin with Felicia against Peter and David. It was very intense, and Robin was complaining about their height difference since he couldn't reach the top of the tower anymore rather quickly, but they solved it by sitting Felicia on his neck and she quickly put the cubes on top of each other. David was of course not as fast and fell asleep halfway the game so it was Peter on his own against two, which he deemed more unfair than the height difference. 

He couldn't reach the top after a while as well, so he went to grab a chair quickly, when suddenly he heard a noise. 'Oh no!' Felicia yelled. 'I accidentally knocked over the tower. I'm so sorry, Robin!' Her voice was drowned out by the sound of falling Duplo bricks. Peter turned around to see the tower falling, dragging his own tower along. The noise woke up David as well, who wiped his eyes tiredly, looked at the tower, then at Peter, and then went back to sleep. 

Robin turned back to look at Peter. 'Oops.' he said.

'I won.' Peter grinned. 'What's my prize?'

'If you wanted a prize, you should've said that at the beginning of the game.' Robin said, lifting his chin.

'Yeah.' Felicia mirrored him, still sitting on his neck.

Peter pouted.

'That won't work, daddy.' Felicia said.

'It won't work.' Robin said, closing his eyes. Felicia grinned at him and did the same.

'Really?' Peter said in his pitifullest voice. 

'R-Really.' Robin peeked through one eye, already falling for it.

'Well then...' Peter, with his saddest face, walked to the couch and proceeded to turn himself into a sad ball. Robin slowly turned to him, his eyes portraying an inner struggle.

'I'm gonna cry now.' Peter announced.

'I-I'm going to cook dinner this entire week, okay?' Robin said quickly.

Peter sat up and smirked.

_____________________________________

After Felicia had completely read one of the books Robin had brought with him -books he had saved from his childhood- and Peter only had to correct her twice in the fifteen minutes it took her to get through it, he left her with another, thicker book and went to check on Robin in the kitchen.

The first thing he noticed was that he wasn't wearing Leah's apron.

'Why aren't you wearing it?'

'The apron?' Robin asked. 

'Yeah.'

Robin turned around to face Peter. 'To be honest, I feel like I shouldn't wear it anymore. Your mom told me you have been treasuring it deeply ever since Leah left, not letting anyone wear it. Then why are you suddenly allowing me to wear it? This apron is made of your memories of Leah, I really feel like I shouldn't wear such a personal thing. Even if you allow me to, I think you should cherish it more, because now it feels like you are trying to replace these memories. Anyway... that is my opinion.'

'No, actually, -Peter lowers his head- 'you are right, and I'm sorry, for not seeing that I was burdening you like that.'

Robin stepped forward and put his hands on Peter's shoulder, catching his gaze. 'No, don't apologize. I understand, and I don't see it as a burden. I just didn't know it was such an important thing to you. but now it seems like it is, so that's why I'm not wearing it.'

Peter looked up sadly, nodding.

'Tch, you big baby.' Robin ruffled his hair.

'Who's the baby here?' said Peter laughing, messing up Robin's hair as well. 'You're so cute.'

'T-This is harassment.' stuttered a blushing mess.

Peter laughed, ruffling Robin's hair once more. 'No, I'm just really happy that we found you.'

____________________________________

Soft hours 24/7 with this book gee I feel so single.

And some more soft hours with Narachan. Omg he's too adorable~