Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Angela’s POV

Amanda and I were sitting on the floor in the living room drawing, both our papers on the large coffee table.

She was drawing her cow and I could see how much she was concentrating on it while I on the other hand was trying to drawing her.

She looked so peaceful and beautiful.  I had to smile, her tongue was sticking out of her mouth a bit to the side and her eyes glued to the paper.  I knew if Derrick or I would say something, anything, she wouldn't even hear us.

I saw Derrick from the corner of my eye so I looked in his direction.  When our eyes met he smiled and whispered, 'I ordered the pizza.'

I smiled, 'Thanks.' I said in my normal tone, knowing it wouldn't bother Amanda in the least.

I put my focus back on my paper.  Little by little I was doing better but it was still far from perfect.  Every time I'd draw something, it ended up in the garbage before anyone would see it.  It was just to embarrassing to show around.  The only person who was allowed to see it was Amanda and that always made her happy.  Something only she could see and I knew it made her feel special even though she already was the most special thing in my life.

I heard the door bell but I knew it was way too early to be the pizza.  I heard Derrick's foot steps as he headed to open the door.

'Hey!' I heard Justin say.

'Hey, how's my car?' I heard Derrick and it made me laugh.

He couldn't just say "Hi, how are you?" like a normal person, he worried right away to his car.

I folded my paper and put it in my back pocket of my jeans.  I got up off the floor and sat on the couch.

'Still in one piece, thanks for the confidence.' Justin told him.

'Just checking.' Derrick said.  'Come on in, how was your day?' He asked.

'Long and boring.  Yours?' I heard Justin ask.

'Great.' He answered which made me smile.

'Hey Justin.' I said and he poked his head into the living room.

'Hey ladies.  How are you both doing on this fine day?' he asked, changing his voice, in an attempt to sound romantic and I laughed.

Amanda looked up and I saw her eyes go big.  I knew exactly what she was thinking of and I just shook my head while I smiled.

'Hi.' She told him.

'How was your day cutie?' he asked her.

'Good.  We went to see daddy at work!  But you didn't come and say hi to me.'

Justin was speechless, he looked at me for help.

'He was busy baby, he had to work.' I said to her.

'I got good news though.' he said looking at both of us.

'Yeah?' I said.

'I brought dessert.' He said looking at Amanda and winked at her.

I rolled my eyes and she got up and ran him and hugged his leg.

She back away quickly and looked up at him.

'Is it?' she asked him.

'Yup.' he answered.

And she hugged his leg again and he laughed.