Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Derrick’s POV

I woke up and the sun was shinning through the curtains of the window.  I smiled to myself but then I remembered I was supposed to be at the hospital.

I turned and looked at the time and it was almost 10 in the morning.

Crap, I thought to myself.

I got up and went to the bathroom to take a very quick shower.  After I went downstairs and got my coffee going and started to get ready to leave.  When the coffee was done, I grabbed some and left the house, to make my way to the hospital.

………………………........................................................……………………..  

I parked the truck and rushed my way inside.  I saw Angela’s parents and walked towards them.

‘Hi.’ I said when they noticed me, a little out of breath.

‘Hi.’ Dave said to me.

Barb came closer to me and whispered.  ‘You don’t have to rush to be here so early, take your time.’

‘I over slept.  I wanted to be here earlier but I don’t remember hearing the alarm go off.’ I told her.

‘Well, I say good for you.  You seem in a better mood than yesterday.’ She said smiling.

I chuckled, ‘Nothing seems to get by you.’ I told her.

‘Sometimes, but I know you.  Even if we haven’t had any contact since…you haven’t changed much.’ She said.

‘Um…thanks.  Not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.’ I said to her honestly.

‘It’s a good thing.’ She answered.

I smiled at her.

‘So what has you in a good mood?’ She said sitting down in the waiting area.

I followed her and sat down besides her.

‘Carly and I…well, we called off the wedding.’ I said to her.

‘I’m sorry Derrick.’

‘Don’t be, she’s happy and I’m happy.  It was something we both wanted to say, for a long time, but didn’t...  Yesterday turned out to be a good day and…yeah.  No one got angry and we’re both happy.’ I said to her.

‘Than I’m glad.  What are you’re plans now?’ she asked.