Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Angela's POV

I got up from the floor, Amanda and I were drawing at the living room table and we were having a ball while Derrick sitting on the couch watching us.

I heard him laugh and I looked at him to see at what he was looking at, and Amanda was showing him her picture. I looked at it and saw her finished drawing of a cow she had made.

It made me laugh, remembering our day. 'Good job honey. That's a good looking cow.' I told her, and she smiled, all proud of herself.

I went to the kitchen to check on our diner. 'I think it's ready.' I told Derrick.

'Ok, I'm coming.' He said back.

I rechecked to make sure and I heard the door bell. I looked at Derrick and he was still sitting on the couch.

I took a deep breath and looked through the window to see who it was. I smiled when I recognized Justin waving at me.

I opened the door a bit nervous, the last thing I wanted was for our visit to be awkward.

'Hi.' I said once I opened the door.

'Hey! How are you?' he asked and I could see he was nervous also which calmed me down a bit.

'I'm good. How are you?' I asked him.

'I'm good. I'm really happy you finally decided let me come over.' He told me with a little smile.

'You've been asking?' I asked confused a bit.

'Um...No...' he said.

'Good job, now I probably won't stop hearing about why I didn't tell her you wanted to see her and come over and you've been here for not even a full minute.' Derrick said coming next to me.

'Why didn't you tell me?' I asked him.

'You see. Good job.' He told Justin, nodding his head.

I rolled my eyes, 'Anyways, come on in.' I told him.

'I got those for you and my niece.' He said, bringing a bouquet of flowers from behind his back.

'Awe, that's so sweet. Thank you Justin.' I told him.

I turned around so see Amanda standing beside the couch. I walked over to her and bent down to show her our flowers.

'The man over there is Justin. He's Derrick's little brother, which makes him your uncle.' I told her smiling. She kept her eyes on him but I managed to catch her attention. 'Check these out. He brought us flowers. Isn't that nice of him?' I asked her.

She glanced at the flowers but her eyes went strait back to Justin. I knew she'd be on edge for a while so I wanted everyone to sit down while I made the plates. I knew that once everyone was sitting down and not walking everywhere she would calm down.

I stood back up and I felt her hand grab hold one of my legs.

'Hey guys?' I said loud enough so they would stop talking.

Once I got their attention and Derrick saw Amanda, holding my leg as tight as she could he said to his brother,

'Sit down at the table, I'll make you a plate. I see Angela put glasses with the water and juice on the table so help yourself.' He said.

I just looked at him go, and I was actually speechless. He was actually thinking from Amanda's point of view and helping her, which made me so grateful.

He gave Justin his plate, filled almost to the max with food then looked our way.

'Do you want me to do both your plates?' he asked.