Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Derrick’s POV

One week later…

It wasn’t 7 in the morning yet and I was heading towards the hospital.  I hadn’t been able to go everyday like I had expected but at the same time I was happy.

My house was sold and I was moving.   I had found a house I’d really like but I needed to wait a few months for it so I was moving into an apartment.  I wasn’t too happy about it but it was better than nothing.  Once I knew the recommended price for my house, I let Carly know and she basically jumped on it.  Now all the papers were signed, Carly and Stacy were going to be the new owners. 

A lot of the furniture was staying with the house and the rest that I didn’t need was going into storage.  I really liked the fact that I didn’t need to buy a lot of things, most of it I had and I hated shopping.  I never understood people who actually enjoyed it, it drove me nuts.

I got to the hospital and made my way up.  As usual Dave and Barb were already there.

‘Good morning.’ I said to the both of them and sat down.

‘Morning.’ Dave said.

‘Hi, how have you been?’ Barb asked me.

‘Good, everything for the house is signed, the lease for the apartment is signed, now I just have to move, which I’m doing not tomorrow but the day after.’ I answered.

‘Good for you.’ Dave said.

‘Thanks.  It’s going to be a lot smaller than the house obviously, less space but, I like it.’ I said to both of them.

‘That’s great Derrick.’ Barb said.

‘How are your parents?’ she asked.

‘Busy.  They’re leaving for Rome…or maybe it’s Paris…I have no idea but, they’re excited and happy.  They wanted to come a few time to see Angela but knew it wasn’t a very good idea.  I told them to wait.’ I said.

‘For how long are they gone?’ she asked.

‘Honestly I’m not to sure, a few weeks minimum.  Gives them time to see places and do…whatever they want to do.’ I said laughing.

‘Now that’s the life.’ Barb said looking at Dave, while he rolled his eyes shaking his head.

‘It depends if you like traveling, but my parents are retired, both of you are still working, right?’ I asked looking at Dave.

He nodded so I continued, ‘It’s kind of hard to travel everywhere when you also have to be at work.

‘But it’s nice to dream.’ Barb told me with a little smile, and I laughed, ‘You can do that all you want.’ I told her.