Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Angela’s POV

I woke up and looked at the clock.  It was past 8 in the morning.  I looked beside me and Amanda wasn’t there so I sat up in the bed.  Trying to focus my eyes, I looked at the desk but she wasn’t there.

‘Amanda?’ I asked, my voice still full of sleep.

When she didn’t answer I started to panic.  I got up from the bed and looked around the room.  When I knew she wasn’t there I left our room thinking she was probably in the bathroom.

When I got there, the bathroom was also empty.

‘Amanda!?’ I said loudly.

After a few seconds I heard her, ‘Yes?’ But still didn’t know where her voice was coming from.

‘Where are you?!’ I asked her.

‘Playing with my toys.’ I heard her say.

I walked to her toy room that Derrick had made for her and there she was playing on the floor with a bunch of dolls and stuffed animals.

I took a deep breath to relax myself.

‘You scared me.’ I told her and she looked at me.

‘Sorry mommy.  I knew it was ok…no one’s here but you and me.  We are alone.’ She told me.

‘Yeah,’ I said sitting down on the floor next to her, ‘your dad’s at work.’ I told her.

‘But he’s coming back…right?  I want him to come back.’ she asked, looking worried.

I smiled, ‘Yes honey, he’s coming back.  He’ll be home later, before diner.’ I told her and she smiled and continued to play with her toys.

‘I’m really happy you decided to come and play with your toys on your own but next time, I would like you to let me know, even if we are alone.  If I’m sleeping, wake me up, so I know where you are.  It’s important, okay?’ I told her.

‘Okay mommy, I will.’ She told me.

‘Thank you.’ I said to her.

‘I have a Lot of toys.’ She said looking at me smiling.

‘I know, I can see that.’ I said looking around the room.

It looked like she had taken out every single one of her toys to see them all and when she got bored with one, left it there and got another one.

‘We’re going to clean this room up later.’ I told her.